• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

air in fuel system

wonham

Level 1
First name
wonham
out topping today with my 5748 .when working hard it cut out so i crack off fuel pipe at injector turn over started carried on ,all right until working hard cut out again,this happen all day,any idea where air would get in from ,or what problem is?

Hi Wonham, I would check the fuel hoses from the tank to the injector pump first. The original hoses are not of very good quality, and usually crack and let air in. You usually won't see any leaks, as the fuel hoses are normally under suction.

....and the first banjo from the tank. things found in there by forum users are:
peas, flies, flake of plastic raincoat, tank rust, and lots of other parts. they usually get stuck in the hole of the very first banjo bolt in the system.

Hi all
I recently was asked to look at 5011 that had poor starting and would cut out, it eventually stoped and would not start again.
I have a fair bit of expieriance in the motor trade so i had a go.

The first thing i did was check it had a good supply of fuel to the injector pump, there was air in the system and no fuel getting to the injectors.
I checed all the seals and hoses/pipes--
1/ I found a leak at the bolt between the fuel filters ( new washer fitted)
2/ The banjo bolt holding the primer pump was slack (niped up )

After the above it started and ran well, I will let you all know how it goes after a few days.

First time I used biodiesel in my 3320 all was fine for a few weeks. One day it started missing and stopped while shredding. I removed the fuel line at the lift pump. A sheet of some sort of deposit had sloughed off of the inside of the fuel tank. Somehow it got tightly rolled up like a cannoli and was pulled to the lift pump. I had to use a pair of needle drivers, also known as hemostats, to pull it out. It came out in a single, long piece about 10 cm in length and unrolled to about 10 cm in width.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back