• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Are 3320 gears all synchromesh. other questions too?

r77

Level 2
First name
r77
Hi everyone
Just wondering if the gears on a 1995 3320 are all synchro,
or are they like some other Zetors where only 4 and 5 gears
are synchromesh.

Am going to look at this tractor and would also like to know if
there are any particular issues I should look for.

Regarding back wheels, it has 14.9x28 tyres, is this normal.
Also, does anyone know if Barum tyres came originally
on a 1995 3320, if not what came on them, am aware
Barum is no longer available in Ireland but that they are now produced under a different name, anyone know of this name and are they still as good as the original Barum, I had them on Two tractors and they did extremely well for me,
and lastly, can I put 16.9 x 28 tyres on a the rim where these 14.9 x 28 tires are now fitted, they will be cross ply, as I only have a few acres to keep for horses.
I just be topping a few times a year, run a weighted levelling bar on the field after the horse comes in for winter, then pull discs in a straight line to let water down and bruise up the rotting grass that was topped off, followed by rolling, all of which is done when the weather is suitable, I use slight frost to keep me up when doing the last two jobs, so not much need or justification for radials.

Thanks, J

Anyone got any information, or comments regarding a 3320, are they not at all popular.

Thanks, J

Not good, looks like this forum is dead.

Regards to all, J

You thought there is someone from customer service sitting there, waiting to reply ? We all have jobs and most farmers are making silage right now.

3320 has 4th and 5th synchromesh, i think Super had 2-5 synchromesh.

For your tires i would look at a pair of used 480/65r28 or 420/70r28 off the front axle of a contractors tractor. You can buy plenty of good used tires in these dimensions.

Bias ply 16.9 will fit but it puts too much strain on the carcass. Radial 16.9 is better if putting them on a too narrow rim, but the 70 and 65 aspect ratio tires are made to fit on a standard rim.

There is more than me who have asked questions that were not
answers in months, I did not go looking for unanswered questions but found them in my search for answers.
I do not expect customer service, nor did I say I did, I sent in an error message report yesterday, I hope that helped, I also tried to help others with their queries, so no, am not here for customer service.

And thanks for the information, I mentioned cross ply as I wanted to confirm my own belief in that an oversized radial would indeed survive better on a narrow rim than a cross ply.
I will try and find a 16.9 tire on a rim, and measure the rim to see if it is wider than the rim that carries a 14.9 tyre.

I read a document and just can't find it now, which said all gears were synchromesh on the 3320, but as I can not find the document I was hoping to get a response from owners, even a document can have a miss print.

Thanks & Regards, J

14.9 goes on a 13 inch rim, 16.9 on a 14 inch rim.

Thanks Renze
I will look for a wider set of outer rims, if too expensive I will cut and widen the narrow ones, I used to cut the 22.5 lorry rims, the front ones, cut one shoulder off each rim and weld the two rims together, really easy done because following the flange keeps everything straight, this was back when such rims were really expensive to the ordinary man.

Found the user manual on the 3320, it states if the gears are synchro, change like?, if the gears are not synchro change like?,
so no definite answer regarding whether they are synchro or not.

Regards, j

You thought there is someone from customer service sitting there, waiting to reply ? We all have jobs and most farmers are making silage right now.

3320 has 4th and 5th synchromesh, i think Super had 2-5 synchromesh.

For your tires i would look at a pair of used 480/65r28 or 420/70r28 off the front axle of a contractors tractor. You can buy plenty of good used tires in these dimensions.

Bias ply 16.9 will fit but it puts too much strain on the carcass. Radial 16.9 is better if putting them on a too narrow rim, but the 70 and 65 aspect ratio tires are made to fit on a standard rim.

im not shure if the american market had it. but here in europe these had synchromesh of the gears 2-5 only 1 is not synchromesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back