• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Battery Ground Cable on 5211

cuz

Level 2
First name
Cuz
Does anyone know where the battery ground wire is mounted on the opposite end of the battery on a 5211? My lug broke and I cant find where it was attached.. I tried mounting it in a few places on the frame but now my battery light is on and the brightness fluctuates when I increase/decrease the throttle.. I sanded the paint off where I mounted it so I know I have a good connection but I'm hoping if I put it back to the original spot, it will solve my battery light issue.

Hey Cuz,

If you have a good connection to the frame and the light is still on, my suggestion would be to look at the whole cable. Try running another wire from the battery to the frame. If the light goes out, then the original cable has a problem.

Hmmm, as I think about it, if you can start the tractor (with the battery) then the cable and ground connection are probably ok. If the 'new wire' check doesn't remedy the situation you might have a problem with the charging system.

I know, I know, not much help ....

Actually, thats a good idea to try a new cable.. The tractor starts fine with my temporary ground connection.. It just sems strange that I didnt have the battery light issue before the ground lug broke.

Hi

The original mounting point (assuming you have a cab) is on a 13mm headed nut and "L" shaped bracket bolted to the underside of the cab at the front. It also has the cable on it which goes to the tractor chassis on the side of the clutch housing. I'm just wondering if your cab isn't earthing with the temporary wire you've fitted causing the charge light to glow.

Mike

Hi

The original mounting point (assuming you have a cab) is on a 13mm headed nut and "L" shaped bracket bolted to the underside of the cab at the front. It also has the cable on it which goes to the tractor chassis on the side of the clutch housing. I'm just wondering if your cab isn't earthing with the temporary wire you've fitted causing the charge light to glow.

Mike

Well, that would explain why I cant fin dit.. I have an Allied loader and the rear mounts for it block access from the side and the transmission blocks access from the bottom.. I'll try running another ground from the frame to the cab and see if that does it..

Thanks!!

I would run 2 cables, one to the cab and another to one of the starter mounting bolts. This avoids any future possibility of the cranking current going through any of the wires behind the dash causing a fire if that rather light earth strap from the cab to the chassis corrodes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back