• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

brakes on 7245

davies

Level 2
First name
huw from west wales
I have a friend with a 7245. He has lost all the brake fluid on it master cylinder looks all right i think a slave cylinder is leaking with him are the slave cylinders inside the back axle and how much of a job is it to replace them .It is a 1986 model.

You should also check up the cylinders for the clutch, I think they use the same fluid, on my 6245 -87 I had the same problem. It was the slavecylinder for the clutch that was leaking.

Yes they use the same fluid, my master brake cylinders leaked off all the oil so that the clutch would not disengage when there was no oil left.

What is the answer to the orignal question of difficulty in replacing Slave cylinders and shoes. On my 1710 ford it was a nightmare.

yes they are inside the brake drums, which you can only take off by pulling the final drives out of the rear end first.
its a good day of work if you have an assistant and an engine hoist to lift these heavy portals from underneath the fenders.

Thanks, I need to replace the slave cylinders and shoes. I am not looking forward to it.

Its as well to remember that most of the 7245 's that were sold in UK had disc brakes with the slave cylinders on the outside of the axle housing, so unless relining or expander service was needed most servicing including all cylinder repairs can be done easily and quickly

Only the 7711 and 45 models came standard with disks off the factory. On all other models it was an option, though in many countries the importer kept its own standard.

My Tractor is located in Maryland and I purchased it a few years back in PA so my guess is that it has always been a US tractor or at least a North America tractor. I have no idea which type brakes it has. I know I can reach the bleed valve through a hole by the back wheel. I have always assume they are drum.

Yes thats drum brakes, the discs have the slave on the outside at the back half way up the axle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back