• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Cleaning centrifugal oil filter

slowalker

Level 2
First name
slowalker
Hi
Just doing first oil change on this used 7245 since I bought it .It has the centrifugal oil filter.The manual describes how to take it apart and clean it.I have it apart and my question is there is a black oily[ THING] on the inside of the rotary portion that is sticking to the inside and is about 1/4 inch thick.
Is it just a sludge buildup or is it some sort of absorbent pad that catches the sludge??
I tried to remove it but it wants to break into pieces so I think it is just a sludge buildup.
The manual does NOt say anything about a pad/filter inside the rotary portion.
THANKS

OK I figured it out ,it is just a bunch of sludge that has built up ,I cleaned it up and put it back together making sure the scribe marks lined up.

its amazing just how much sludge there is in some of them,

What amazes me is I have never seen a diesel engine where the oil stays so clean.Most diesels turn the oil black within a few minutes of an oil change.
The oil in my Zetor was still clean looking when I changed the oil and it had not been changed in 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back