• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Fuel filter 6211

joey1234

Level 2
First name
Joey1234
Changing the fuel filter on 6211 this weekend, this may seem a very basic question bt how do you do this?

theres a 22mm hex bolt on top of the canister. undo it and pull the canister from the rubber gasket (if it didnt fall out on its own yet)
I prefer to undo the bolt a few turns and pull the canister loose while the bolt is still there to catch it, as the canister is full of fuel...

Thanks very much, and is it just a matter of swapping the filters then?

Thanks very much, and is it just a matter of swapping the filters then?

yes there are two filters one coarse and one fine dont mix them up. and inspect the rubber o rings, change them if they look old.

yes, loosen the 19mm nut inbetween the two bolts that hold the canister and pump it up with the hand pump untill it squirts no air.
You might want to fill the canisters with new filters straight from the jar so you dont have to pump that long...

One mor thing, do I need to shut the fuel off before I change the filter and if so where can I do it??

No, the models with a fuel tank under the cab (from 1979/80 onwards) dont have a fuel shutoff cock. Only the pre 1979 models with the tank behind the engine had one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back