• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

fuel pump gear timing marks

Netherlands Renze

Administrator
Staff member
First name
Renze

Machinery:
1976 5718
1978 5718 35kmh: Work in progress
1967 3011
Hi guys,

What marks do i have to look for when setting the injection pump timing? I have overhauled the heads but the tractor seems to be running worse... ???
I think i need to check the fuel pump.

New heads should be similar, but check the pushing rods for valve operating, Those are different for each engine type. But if the clearence of valves were right there should not be any problem.

Ha Markku,

I brought the heads of the former engine of your 7745 to the overhaul shop i travel past everyday on road to work.
There were 3 or 4 black pits in the valve seats, so they polished them with polishing paste, 4 euro per valve.
On the old heads there were black pits all over, probably a 40 per valve seat.

I have de-carbonated the pistons with DOT4 brake fluid, this works really well on carbon and tar, it just dissolves it.

Anyways, maybe i need to run the engine hot first, to burn out all the brake fluid and WD40 used when mounting it.

This tractor never ran as it should, all the 6 years we have it now...
I will test the fuel nozzles and injection pump by taking the fuel nozzles out and mount them to spray next to the engine, where i can see them and see how they perform. If anything is wrong, it must be the fuel pump because the injectors were tested last spring.
I can also run it through a compression test. That may show if the piston rings are bad, because the heads are 100% now..

Markku, the difference between 3 and 4 cylinder heads is only the bolt pattern of the intake manifold... i had to weld new flanges to the intake manifold, under another angle. it uses the same gaskets and flanges, but under a different angle, because the 4 cyl. have a aluminium cast manifold and the 3 cyl has one made of pressed sheetmetal.

Anyways, the heads are 100% so it should be either the piston rings or the injection (pump)

Timing gears...... Older than 3340 has different type timingears. Ex importer chief told me there have been sometimes problems with timing gears. Specially gears connecting to shafts. Bad machining or mounting or something ????

Could it be something like that? This is just quessing......:sneaky:

Markku,

After replacing all fuel hoses and the fuel feed pump last spring, it still sucks air.
I am going to check the pressure valves on top of ythefuel pump tonight. (these spring loaded valves keep the fuel lines at a givenpressure, so that onthe beginning of the injection, there is notime wasted bycompressing the fuel linesfirst before hte opening pressure of the fuel injector nozzle is reached.

Markku,

Do you remember which connection it is ?
Is it the single inlay spline connection of the main gear on the crankshaft, the gear on the camshaft or the gear on the fuel pump/compressor/ powersteering pump shaft ?

If replacing the pressure valves doesnt help enough i will unmount the power steering pump and inspect the gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back