• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

hand primer on the lift pump of 6045

Yes found it and will use start button when I haven't used it for week.
Oil filter is done. Let's see how it goes overall.

Yes found that and having work done on it this week. I will see what works best to start it easy. Every thing is being replaced is. Fuel filters, hoses oil etc etc and radiator in new year. Let's see how that goes...

I am giving my 6045 a cosmetic over haul.

I am working on getting the lights to work. At first I had only the left hand side working. Front light and roof top light and tail lights.

The horn works. I noticed that some fuses are blown. I replaced them and now the top roof light doesn't work.

I took out the top light and globe is gone. Have ordered New ones. Will check all globes now and see how that goes.

Is there anything else I should do or check?

Many thanks

Have you got to fix all the warning lights, clocks and gauges to work too?

Hi Zetor Oz.
I have a 6045, still running well.

When I use the manual fuel pump, I can hear the fuel going back into the fuel tank via the overflow (Pressure relief valve?) Even after left only overnight, it takes about 10 pumps before I hear it. For the first start each day I use the hand pump and the Cold start button as my routine, whatever the temperature. I do get a cloud of smoke on warm days. For the rest of the day it starts without these actions every time. The battery is a well past it 510 CCA one, Specific Gravity well into the red, but it still hurls the engine over, and it always starts on the first cylinder over. The ambient is always above about 5DegC. when I use the 6045.

A warning - Never undo the power steering reservoir drain plug when there is oil in it the oil goes everywhere.

Have you bled the brakes? If so, how difficult or easy was that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back