• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

hello Hello from Keith - looking for a Zetor 5211

Hello and welcome Keith!

Do you have a Zetor 5211 or do you seaching for to buy one?

Looking to purchase one. I'm want to make sure I know issues to look for before I purchase it. It's a used unit.

In that case it can be helpfull to share the one you are interested in (Link and or pictures) so we can take a look at and give you concret hints about.

A Zetor 5211 can be 32 up to 41 years old - a lot of time to maintain a tractor well or drive it into ruin. ;)
And that's what it looks like when it comes to possible problems - basically anything can break.

• Things that are more frequently defective (but not because they are bad in principle, but because maintenance is often neglected):
    • Brakes,
      check whether the foot and hand brakes work and pull evenly and do not heat up when driving
    • Gearbox,
      be careful - there are different gearbox variants, not all have a 1,000 PTO, not all have the underload level and not all are partially synchronized. The gearbox should shift smoothly without force and without noise. It should not make noise/whine when driving.
    • Hydraulics,
      raise the lifting gear completely, warm up the tractor and then switch off the engine with the lifting gear raised. The lifting gear should not lower itself afterwards. If it does, it is leaking and should be resealed.
    • Front axle,
      depending on which axle was installed:
      • light rigid axle (not suitable for front loaders)
      • heavy rigid axle
      • light suspended axle (not suitable for front loaders)
      • heavy suspended axle (suitable for front loaders when suspension is deactivated)
        You should pay close attention to play and wear - especially if the kingpin bearings have not been well maintained and the axial bearings at the bottom of the kingpin have not been replaced in time, this can have serious consequences with significant wear on the kingpin housing. Then a repair will cost several hundred to a thousand euros in the worst case scenario instead of a few euros - maintenance pays off.
    • Electrics,
      check the entire system for functionality and take a look at the electrics under the dashboard, if a lot of tinkering has been done there, caution is advised. The Zetor has good electrics from the factory, but many people who mess with them have no idea what they are doing and in the worst case scenario, your tractor could burn down.

But as I said, it's better if you let us take a look at the 5211 together, then we can say something concrete about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back