• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

highly technical question

olredhead

Level 2
First name
olredhead
Gentlemen, I have a question that is very technical to the point it concerns the comfort of a very important part of my anatomy, how in the cat-hair do you replace the seat cushions on a 6340. I have the replacement parts but no instructions whatsoever about how to remove the old and install the new. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi

I usually take the complete seat out of the tractor for a start. There are 4 allen socket bolts holding the seat base onto the sliding runners. You have to slide it right forward to get to the rear ones and all the way back for the front ones. I'm assuming you have a KAB seat.

Mike

I don't have a problem removing the "whole" seat from the tractor, it's removing the cushions from the seat frame that's giving me fits.

Took a closer look at the new cushions last nite and they have 4 mushroom shaped protrusions on the back sides which appear to fit in keyhole shaped slots on the seat frame. "But" there also is a spring type latch which I suppose locks the cushion in place and I see no way to release it on the old ones. May have to remove the seat frame from the tractor and use a smoke wrench to get the old ones off.

Just pull it forward hard... The spring realese itself and thats it.

From upper bad... eh.. im not sure what direction it is removed, but you must try.

But that works only for Original zetor seat. If you have a grammer seat maybe, wich was as optional aquipment in some countries?

Thank you very much, didn't know if the spring had to be released before the cushion would slide. Must be a very tight fit. Bottom appears to come forward but can't tell which way the back moves, down one would think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back