• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

How are the new Forterras and Proximas doing?

Tom, over here a Zetor /ZTS 16245 is sold for the same price as a Case Magnum 7230 with 80 hp more....

Forterras????

We bought a NEW 11441 last Easter. Below is a list of problems we had with our tractor.

1. Left door wouldnt open from the outside. Fixed under warranty.
2. The spliters stopped working. Fixed under warranty.
3. She smokes heavily on start up. At the moment our zetor is the main source of global warming here in Northern Ireland.Dealership refused to do anything about it.
4.Low on horse power. Only 101hp. Brought her to the dealership and thought they would maybe fix the smoke problem but no they just screwed her out to 111hp
5. Temp gauge stopped working. Fixed under warranty.
6. Mudguard came off. When we bought her we spec.d lowprofile tyres on her. Tyres are that big and mudguards so small a stone caught in the grip of the tyre simple pulled it off bending the steel bracket at the bottom.
7. Door smashed. Tractor was sitting in the yard and dorr suddenly exploded.
8. Left door wouldnt open from the outside AGAIN!

CAN I PLEASE STATE THIS IS ALL ON A TRACTOR WITH ONLY 300 HOURS

currently she is in getting a new fuel pump which took 7weeks to arrive. They are also fixing the door. I am suspect the cab hinges are not welded on straight and this is causing stress on the door.

We have a 7745 ,7341 and now this pile of shite. I subscribe to classic tractor and read the recent article on the factory. It said zetor were devoted to quality. Well if they are so devoted why has my tractor started to self destruct itself with only 300 hrs on it? We have no problem with the 7745 and 7341 and this lead us to believe that zetor once again was the choice for us. Please post similar problems to mine as i dont think i am the only one with such problem.

Gibson it sounds like you got a monday morning tractor... Happens to all brands.

See what happens after your dealer gets it fixed..
By the way was the fuel pump timing o.k. ?? it sounds like you had very late timing...

Hi everyone,

Well sorry that you have had a bad one gibson, my 2 are doing very well indeed, both now have covered 4500 and no real problems so to speak off. However as some of you know i went to massey because of the horse power and dont regret it one bit. The 9145 and the 10245 have both been replaced by 6480s but have been kept and are being restored and will then be used for light duties. There might be a new forterra in the spring but will need to think about it very hard as the drivers dont want to go back to them.

William, a 6 pot is much nicer on the road, the longer wheel base makes a great difference in comfort, bouncing etcetera.

There are guys on this board just having their 2nd 11741 both turned open to 135 hp, and love them both.. ??

tractor went in to dealer two weeks ago and she is still there. They cut the fuel back until she wasn't smokin but she was only at 80hp at the shaft!A lot of use that is. They then sent the pump away and got the timing checked out but no luck. They took off a lot of the air intake pipes incase they were blocked or sucked in and guess what.... no luck again. They also sent the injectors away bec one was looking rough but no luck again! Zetors build quality must be crap if a tractor with not even 300hrs on her neeeds the injectors reconditioned. Currently they are looking to get a new fuel pump for her but zetor doesnt seem to want to give them one. Zetor uk mi ght throw one our way though. Roy down at Wilsons, our zetor dealer has been very helpful but the back up from zetor has been rubbish. Anyone any ideas how to fix this or is it the matter of buying a new tractor next time maybe in a nice newholland blue or JD green!?!?!?!?!

HAve had the Forterra 9641 for almost three years now with no problems other than clutch slave cylinder changed.
In April we bought new 8441 Proxima, a good basic tractor but not as sophisticated as forterra, it's much like the older 7245 style with new bodywork.

hi im from northern ireland and have a 10540 zetor 105hp and the turbo went 4 weeks after we bought it, rain water got down the exhaust. lately she was very hard to start so the automatic heating control was replaced with a manual switch and working much better now! we bought a quicke Q750 loader and 68inch sheargrab and 72inch bucket and shes running fine!
we also have a 8145 owned by us from new, when it was six months old the head gasket blew and had to be replaced. we now hear this happend to nearly sold by our dealer! now i have replaced nearly all the lights and wiring and the now the gasket has blew again! apart from those minor incidents there has been no problems! the 8145 has no heater plugs and starts first time! but it does have two batterys!

where abouts in northern ireland are you from?
i am from county tyrone. our delaer was james gervais!

North Antrim. Ballymena area. Dealer is Wilsons of Rathkenny. 11441 is still smoking like hell. gona take her in and get timing set up properly by a man who does pumps in our area and see what she is like then. Did anyone see the 7341 writeup in Profi recently. Makes me proud to own a zetor ... for once.

whats profi? wilsons seemed 2 b decent enough from what i have heard of them but i have never dealed with them.

yeah they are decent enough just my tractor is heap of shit and aftr the years warranty is up and so much work done to her she is still not right. Profi is Tractor/Machinery Magazine. i would rathr a 7745 turbo than that ball of 11441 dung

I am suprised with all of those problems:eek: the frotteras use same deutz fahr engines

Only the 11741 uses a Same engine, but not for long because Zetor is getting their own engines up to 130 hp. Within 2 years we'll see Zetor 6 pot engines and in 2009 there will be a Maxterra up to 180 hp.

Bought new 8441 Dec 05 fitted with 120SL Trac Lift Loader & 34inch 16.9rears & whatever the front are to match, oh & 12 speed shuttle gear option, so had it a year now, only done 700hrs mainly with trailed post knocker attached at fast tickover, but done some loader & field work.
Find it a good basic tractor, smokes a little at startup but soon clears, lift arms still the old ball type as on 7711 (which I also own 17 yrs old !) so a little weak if a lot of implement work, & the pin type stabalisers never seem to be just in the right place, lift good though; brakes very good once I backed them off binding.
Could go on more both good & bad but overall quite happy with it for my farming / fencing, 12 speed manual shuttle is excellent, though it does mean only 540 PTO available.
One last thing that has briefly been mentioned on here, the left hand door exploded the other day while it was sat in the yard, why I ask did it wait till a week out of warranty :( . Wierd.

Phil. ( North Yorkshire).

Phil my door just decided to implode aswell! anyway i havent compalined bout my 11441 in a few months now since she has done very little BUT last week she decided to crack the mesh on the exhaust and now it rattles like mad. will have to get the mig out. AND the badge decided to fall off the front of her too! got it stuck on with sealer though! probably strongest part on the bloody thing! Anyone else with horror stories of relatively new zetors out there?!? surely its not only me!?!?!?!?

Gibson, could you please use a smaller avatar ?? it is a bit big, making the text hard to read for guys that only run 1024x768 pixel screen resolutions... :(

Forterra 9641 we have had almost 5 years now and its proved a very sound tractor, no significant problems and its done over 2000 hours now.

Running a 8441 proxima on daily loader duties, it does more work in the Summer bale carting and such.
Again, its been faultless apart from a slipping fan belt noticed soon after deliverly about a year ago.

We got new 12441 last thursday.

Seems to be much more powerful than our previous 11441 (year 2006). Cab noise has decreased littlebit (athough it is still pretty high). Overall, seems that Zetor is going forward with developement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back