• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Hydraulic power lifting lever seized?

Australia downunder6945

Level 1
First name
Rob

Machinery:
Zetor 6945, 1978
Hi All,

As i'm slowly getting used to my 6945 i'm finding lots of small problems, like above.

Also, no brakes, has handbrake though, no seat..lol, clogged radiator, but apart from that and a few leaks, she's pretty honest!

Its the D M P lever thats stuck in the M position, does anyone have any experience with this problem?

Also how will it effect the hydraulic operation with the lever in mixed position only?

Cheers Rob.

mixed position is a bit dangerous, when standing inbetween teh tractor and machine, when you are picking one on.
Because the hitch will react to top link pressure, you might get injured.

You can try to use a small hammer, and small hits. if you break anything, that will be too bad but if hammering doesn't work, you'll have to open the lift cover anyways

Thanks Renze,

Looks like that bloody cover will have to come off then:( Maybe in winter!

Is it a big job to fix this problem and is it common?

Cheers Rob

I had the exact same problem on my 3320. I spoke to the service manager from the Zetor distributor in the US. I think his name was Peter. He was very helpful. He suggested the following & it worked well:

1) Spray some penetrating fluid where the shaft enters the housing
2) Put some tension on the handle, not too much. I used a ratcheting tie strap
3) Take a long tool (a wooden dowel, steel rod, ...) place it against the arm that connects directly to the shaft and tap it in the direction of the tension.

I took my time and worked on it off and on thru the day and it freed nicely. Every now and then I work it thru its range to keep it loose.

Tony

Tony,

I'll give that a try;) its sounds better than belting it with a hammer.

Cheers Rob

Hi All,

Well Tony i took your advice, half a can of RP7 later that lever is as free as a bird, i sprayed it for 3-4 days and just kept pressure on it, reversing it every day and today it came good;).

I ran the graderblade over the driveway again and even the wife was impressed to how flat and even it looks.

Thanks again!
cheers Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back