• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

I know nothing about tractors and I have just brought one, help please

antonyonash

Level 2
First name
Antony O
Hi,
I'm a complete tractor newbie I'm buying a house which has a Zector 3511 as part of the deal, which we need for mowing and in time many other things. The owner is unable to demonstrate the tractor due to his age.

Could someone talk me through how to start it and what all the levers do.

Many thanks in advance

To start that. Put the gearstick in neutral open the throttle fully if it's cold, press in the cold start button on the left side of the injector pump, press down the key and press the starter button, once it starts cut back the throttle. If the tractor has a safety switch on the clutch you will need to press in the pedal before you press the button till it fires up

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to need a little more help .

What is the lever for directly under the steering wheel?

I think the gear stick is the strong looking lever to the right of the steering wheel?, if so what gears do they have i'm guessing neutral, 1 forward gear and reverse?

Is the cold start button in the open part of the engine cover left side just above the two oil filters. I have seen people on youtube unscrewing and pumping them.

how do I operate the PTO shaft.

Sorry I did say I'm completely new to this but want to get things right.

There are another 3 levers just in front of the seat no idea what these do

Thanks again

Hi
The lever under the steeringwheel is handtrotle. gearlever to the rigt, you got 5 forward gears and reverse, revese is stik Close to teeringwheel and pull back. the smal levers to the right of seat is hydrolicks Control the Outer one rise and lovers the trepoint lift and the inner one Control the chickcoplings on the back. On th gearebox topp there are two small levers Close to the seat, right one is high and low gearerange, left one is pto and hyd pump, all the way down is pump only one step upp is pump and pto second step upp neutral nekst step are geardepending pto. You migt have two handbrake levers if so the left one is pto cluth, if you have only one pto cluth is controled whit travelcluths pedal. Cold start buton is on the front end of the inngjetorpump, the part you unnskrew and pump is primingpump and shold not be nesseri to use unnless you have air i the system.
Bjarne

What is the lever for directly under the steering wheel?

That's hand throttle.

I think the gear stick is the strong looking lever to the right of the steering wheel?, if so what gears do they have i'm guessing neutral, 1 forward gear and reverse?

Your gears are forward is first and back reverse then 2,3,4 and 5 in a standard H pattern, plus you have HI/LO lever on the floor, given you 10 forward and 2 reverse gearbox.

Is the cold start button in the open part of the engine cover left side just above the two oil filters. I have seen people on youtube unscrewing and pumping them.

No that's the primer for the diesel. The cold start is up on the injector pump it is only 5mm in size.

how do I operate the PTO shaft.

You will need to pull up the hand clutch which is between you legs when sitting in the seat beside your left leg, and pull the small lever beside it up from the floor 1 notch to engage the PTO, then release the hand clutch again, you will need to increase the revs as your releasing the hand clutch or you will kill the engine.

Brilliant thanks everyone, I think I have got it now. Can't wait to finally sign for the property.

Think I might put a video up so you can have a bit of a laugh at my first attempts.

I'm sure I will be in touch at a later stage with yet more questions

No problem, You will have more I'm sure. You are getting a great deal there a house and a Zetor . All I got when I bought my house was someone else's junk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back