• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

loose bolts on portal 6945

helgekirk

Level 2
First name
Helgekirk
The two bottom bolts that attaches the portal towards the tractor (housing of the drum brake assembly?) are loose. The other bolts are tight and they go all the way through with the nut visible on the other side. But the loose bolts don't go through and I wonder if it is a nut or threads on the inside of the portal? And if there is a nut that has come off, is it possible to get it back on without taking of the whole portal? It's cold and snowy outside and I don't have a garage

Some of the bolts are shorter than others for keeping the different sections together if you where lifting off the half axle, and longer ones going all the way to the back housing.

Hi.
There are 4 bolts that are treaded into the portal and 2 on the topp have nuts. The ones treaded innto the portal that have loosend you probobly shold put som treadlock compound on before you do them upp.
Bjarne

Thanks for answers! I'm not able to tighten the bolts, so I'm afraid that the threads are stripped, or that the bolts are broken off inside. I guess I have to open it up and see...

There is nothing like a Nord-Lock washer to secure bolts...

Is it possible to remove only the portal, and not the brake housing? That looks like an easier way to access the bolts, but I`m not sure if I can slide it of the axel...

No you have to remove the whole thing, finale drive with brakes attached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back