• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Onboard compressor with post driver ?

bog_hopper

Level 2
First name
Bog Hopper
Hello,

Has anyone had experience using their onboard compressor to run one of these air operated post drivers
(http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200398563_200398563) ?

Ive got clay soil withi its fair share of stones and from the specs it looks like it could be a handy setup.

Hi

The Zetor air system runs around 6 bars (90psi) so reaches the necessary pressure but it doesn't pump very fast. I'm sure you'd need a decent sized air tank to get enough air volume to run it. Maybe someone has done something similar and can advise more.

Mike

Thanks.
If Im reading the specs properly then from what I can tell the on-board compressor is supposed to put out 85-90PSI at about 4 CPM.

I dont have enough experience using either the driver or the on-board compressor to be able to assess how it might perform.
Would you have to have an tank or would the compressor be operating at 100% duty cycle ?

It would be a real nice setup if it would work - but having on haul down a portable generator and compressor to run it - wouldnt be as sweet.

Hi

You don't say whether your Zetor has a tank already (depending on the model). But i would think you need an extra tank or about a 50 litre tank to keep enough air flow. The tractor pressure could be increased a little to help .

Mike

Max post size is only 1 3/4", these would almost push in by hand!
North Tool say 2cfm required, so standard Zetor compressor & tank should be enough as output is 4-5 cfm.
One that would drive 4"- 5" posts would be handy in confined areas though, that would be fun, although air consumption would be much to high for small compressor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back