• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Shuttle shift on 4341

G

Greenebriar

I have a 3 yr. old Zetor 4341 4X4 with FEL. I notice the shuttle shift tends to grind sometimes when shifting. Is there a way to adjust the clutch to prevent this? It has been a great tractor. Thanks,

hi, i am not a mechanic by any means, but i have a 1997 4340 that does that, i did not know until i read my manual that you should go straight from forward to reverse or vice versa, do not stop in the neutral position, it does not grind when i do that, yours is newer and may be sycronized so this may not be the case with yours, good luck

Again I am no expert, does it crunch when changing gear up & down, if so maybe adjusting clutch will help if it is only on the shuttle 'if it is synchro' then maybe the synchro rings are a little worn.

Hi, If the other gear lever changes cleanly then you probably have some wear on the synchro unit. The only option is to give it a bit more time on changes and make sure the tractor is not still moving. There is no adjustment to carry out on the clutch as it is self adjusting. The adjuster bolt on the slave cylinder should have been adjusted when the cylinder was fitted. If the clutch pedal feels spongy you could try bleeding it. Regards Mike

Hi,
The shuttle is NOT syncronized on the 4341. Only the top 4 gears in the main are. I bought mine before I noticed this. You just have to come to a complete stop before moving the lever and then go straight through to the other direction. It took me a while to get used to this as old habits die hard. Once you train yourself on the timing it is not as offensive as it is during the learning process. Good luck. Daryl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back