• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Starting a 3511

doyleshill

Level 2
First name
doyleshill
I have acquired a Zetor 3511.It hasn't been started for a long time. I don't know how good it is but the engine block is very dry.I am looking for advise on how I should try to start it.

Hi have you managed to get your tractor started yet? I to bought a Zetor 3511 a year ago it had been stood for 5yrs. I drained the diesel out and put new in then put a battery on it and also jumped it using a lorry battery to give it some extra rumble after some winding it started no problem. I have since then been told to locate the cold start button on the pump and it now starts all weathers with little effort.

hi there i purchased a 3545 its the same as a 3511 just 4wd. mine was stood for a good 5 yrs. the engine turned over so i canged the oil and washed the filters(the filters are non changeable they are mesh gauze) i replaced the oil with 15/40 and changed the fuel filters and cleaned the glass bowl. i also checked the lift pump by removing it to check it was not seized. every thing was primed up and water checked in rad. we turned it over on the starter and gave it cold start. the engine spurted into life after 6 or 7 turns. if your engine is slightly stiff you can do like i done on a friends 3511 behind to the dynamo is a lever which is the decompression tie a piece of cord to this and push the lever towards the water pump turn the engine on the starter until it reaches top speed on the starter and remember to hold the revs flat out with cold start and pull the cord towards the dynamo. good luck;)

If the engine of your zetor is in exellent condition it will start after single engine rotation just weeee..broooooom;) If it does not start like this you either have.. bad piston rings,poor fuel feeding (pump ect..),Burnt (tosted) valves Or Badly adjusted cold start button. Or all of the above:sneaky: Compression and fuel is important;) Sorry that i am here (farmphoto.com is off the air!)

ill put my tin hat on ...... if all else fails a whiff of easystart into the intake manifold works wonders.... only a tiny squirt though... too much and the valves clatter for a bit.... ....
i know people dont like using it but it will start a tired engine on a cold morning.
the david brown 990 we had years ago had a screw in plug in the inlet manifold with a felt plug ... instruction book said to dip it in ether for a cold start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back