• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Starting a 5211

tom_n_ms

Level 2
First name
Gary
I know this is a dumb question But here goes...In the better than nothing book it says something about a primer on the left side of the engine..I see none...all I do is turn on the key and wait a few seconds and push the start button..cranks quick sometimes and is a little stubborn sometimes..any special tricks?? Thanks

The primer is just beside the glass bowel. Unscrew the round handle and pump 5-10 times up and down before starting and then tight it again.
When you saying "cranks quick sometimes and is a little stubborn sometimes" do you mean that the engine starting "firing" quick sometimes .... If so, can you see a different if the tractor has been standing for a while, cold, warm.. . When it's stuborn dose it firing on any cylinder and after a while the others also start? The problem can then bee that the fuel has flown back to the tank, that could happen if there is a minor air-leak in the system. If it helps to pump, this might be the problem.
If you mean "cranks quick sometimes and is a little stubborn sometimes" that the starter turns the engine slow sometime you have to look at the starter or battery.
Hazze

Thanks Hazze. I had seen the knob and knew it was tightened all the way down--now I know where the primer is located.....The starter spins the engine fine..seems it may be a little harder to get the engine to fire and run when it has sat a few days..Once it starts, all cylinders seem to fire and start doing their part. Will try priming it a few strokes and see what happens. Thanks again.

Hazze-I meant to say that on my older Kubota you have to turn the starter switch to the left and hold it about 30 seconds before trying to start the engine..I assume this one has a built in injector heater/glow plug heater and does its thing when the key is turned to the on position..should the key be turned on and wait 30 seconds or so before trying to start the engine?? Thanks

hi on the 5211 the cold start is automatic ie full trotell hold starter button until it starts reduse to tikover there is no sort off low plugs or other cldstart aid iff you have trobel starting after iit have been sitting for a day there is probebly getting air in to the system comon foult use hand pump above glasbolw on the side off diesel pump

Everyone, Thanks for the help --Please be patient with me--I had never heard of a Zetor till I saw this one..So I will likely have lots more "dumb" questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back