• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

tips for buying a good 7245 tractor

first... check its not a 7045 in disguse:sneaky: then dont buy the massey 3095 that is parked in the corner like i did69) check all the gears, hydraulics and normal stuff like any tractor;) check the water in the radiator is blue or green (anti freeze) not rusty or just water this is bad sign:( head gasket problems???:eek: check oil is black with no water or diesel in it ect... just normal stuff;) ( if it aint broke dont fix it:p ) if you like it and everything is ok its up to you;) if its rubish and things dont work leave it and look for another one:-x it your choice:cool:

Looks like we have bagged a good genuine 7245 tractor. just waiting for its arrival now. thanks for your points.:)

well we are now proud owners of a 1987 7245 zetor , very nice genuine tractor. only problem seems to have a leak in back end of hydraulic oil then proceeds to come out of diff lock hole of rear axle, anybody have this same problem. drop me an reply here.

plus can anyone tell me what horsepower it is as some confussion on that area?

7245 is 72hp;) sometimes 75:sneaky: (because of bad setting or tools in the fuel pump factory???) or if it is turbo it can be 85hp:) anyways, the oil leak is probably a shaft seal (tiny thing) (cost about 50p???) but needs a bit of time to fit because of things you need to remove are often siezed:sneaky: plus it is very messy:sneaky: ( because of oil coming from gearbox all the time after you take off diff lock bit):sneaky: unless it pours out:( its better just to leave it and not use the difflock unless you really need it;) this will probably cure its self over time:sneaky: if tractor has been standing a long time the seal may have "hardened" so it will expand with the leaking fluid and then stop leaking;)

My 5245 had a self fixing seal on both the front axle hub and the rear axle, same as your leak.
I overfilled the front axle hub to make sure i could run it for a while before it would run dry. It stopped leaking 3 years ago :D
The rear axle did the same. Just see what happens in a month or three, just make sure you top up enough oil...

update, the leak on rear has now stopped for time being but since we used the tractor for haymaking in summer a new leak have come from front axle seal behind uni joints. it that a big job to do or just leave it and see type of job.

Try using a thicker oil that sometimes helps. I would not remove the front propshaft Unless its pouring out. because it will always work loose (because you can never tighten it back as good as it was) and is a pain because it will fall off or smash something expensive:sneaky: most of the time it will be when you are driving 20mph on the road:eek:

I was not clear with my discription, the leak is coming from axle tube and into the area below steering knuckle universal joints. do you follow me?

It is interesting you say the 7245 is 72 HP as the namesake suggest.
I have also on, the last of the series, a 92 modle and the owners manual suggest it is 68.5hp.
My 9540 is 91.5 and my two 4712 are 45.

Maybe they lost a few ponies crossing the pacific to Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back