• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Trouble Starting 7245

valley7245

Level 1
First name
Valley7245

Machinery:
Zetor 7245
I have a 7245, built in 1989, which I use to move snow in the winter , and odd jobs (grading driveways, moving gravel, etc.) in the spring ,summer, and fall. Just recently, I must always prime the fuel system before attempting to start the diesel engine (for the first time each day it is used). In the five years that I have owned this tractor, this is the first time real problem.

Any suggestions as to what I should look for, what I might have to fix. Thanks in advance for reading this.

Very comon proplem. Air in the system. I have hade enourmos problem with the same symtom. Finally i was recommended by, a Finnish Zetor "Guru" to insall a Tgerloop fuelguard (please see my note with picture) wich solve the proplem. My solution which works extremely well is not popular within this forum due to whatever but it is a final solution to a very common Zetor problem Beside this hickup,it is a great tractor.

Morrie/ Hazze

Hi
Look for a fuel leak on the system. If no leak, clamp the return line with mole grips and pump the hand primer. This will show up any leaks. If you've got the old green braided return pipes on the injectors they leak under the braiding.

Mike

Solved the problem today: Unable to find any leaks using pressure test method described in "Zetor UR1" Dealer Service Manual section c page, c-2.

Last line in the manual states (Section C , page c-2 ) that there should be a beather hole in the "white surface" of the fuel tank cap. Mine is solid - drilled a hole as suggested (prevents a vacuum buildup) in the fuel tank.
Drilled hole, and all is well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back