• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 3320

smanley

Level 2
First name
Scott
Guy's I'm new on forums so I will try to be clear. I'm looking for a good manual for my tractor and some info about the fuel system.

I have a 3320 that runs great at idle but rev it up and will die within minutes. There is still fuel in the glass bowl. I did switch the fuel lines around according to the arrow on the fuel filter. The fuel flows toward the injection pump. I hope that is right because it was the opposite of that before. Any help would be grateful. Thanks!

I replaced the fuel pump with a electrical fuel pump and everything is working fine now.

Does anyone know if this will have long term problems. I think the pump puts out about 4 to 12 psi. Thanks!

Same problem on my 3320. Have replaced all fuel lines and rebuilt primer pump and still dies after about 10 minutes. Must be a common problem cause the zetor shop manual advises elec pump to solve. Ridgeway sells these for $150.oo. What fuel pump did you use?

I went to my local auto parts store and picked a Mr Gasket diesel electric fuel pump for $70. It works great and the tractor runs better than it ever has. I did have to pull the old fuel pump and make a cover plate. I also install the fuel pump on the intake side rather than the exhaust side. Worked out well.

I hope it works as well for you. Thanks!

Here is my situation. Alot of snow in Oklahoma actually record setting amount. Started tractor ran no problem went to neighbors to pull his truck out of snow engine started to die like running out of fuel possible cause gelling put in diesel treatment got the engine running ran fine all day but after several days tractor would not stay running I have ordered fuel filters but have not arrived so this morning I bypassed the fuel filter to prove the lift pump. The engine fired right up but at low idle there is a slight miss but when at higher rpm's engine runs smooth.
Still not convinced fuel pump is working 100%.
Bought my 3320 brand new in 1998 first fuel problem I have had. I am trying to fine all the fuel lines sizes so I can replace due to weather cracking of the lines.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Here is my situation. Alot of snow in Oklahoma actually record setting amount. Started tractor ran no problem went to neighbors to pull his truck out of snow engine started to die like running out of fuel possible cause gelling put in diesel treatment got the engine running ran fine all day but after several days tractor would not stay running I have ordered fuel filters but have not arrived so this morning I bypassed the fuel filter to prove the lift pump. The engine fired right up but at low idle there is a slight miss but when at higher rpm's engine runs smooth.
Still not convinced fuel pump is working 100%.
Bought my 3320 brand new in 1998 first fuel problem I have had. I am trying to fine all the fuel lines sizes so I can replace due to weather cracking of the lines.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
I'm having similar issues with my 5340, Gas line anti-freeze helps but doesn't eliminate the problem. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread ;) good luck

Hello I hope everyone is having a great day.
Problem solved.
Well I went to clean the dirt off the fuel pump to see which style of fuel pump is on the tractor, since there are 2 different models for the 3320, when I noticed some trash on the sock that is in the fuel bowl. As I went to remove the fuel bowl the fuel bowl moved which is not right. I cleaned the fuel bowl sock and re-installed the fuel bowl and tightened the banjo bolt that holds the fuel bowl to the fuel pump, put the fuel filter back in the fuel circuit and hand primed the system. The engine fired and ran alittle rough until all the air was out of the system once the all the air was purged the engine idled smooth at low idle and high throttle. I am still waiting on the filters from Ridgeway I hope they will arrive this week.
The loose banjo bowl was allowing air into the fuel system.
I hope this will help others to look for other areas before they feel there is a failed lift pump.

New fuel filter installed and, oil filter installed with new oil as well, primed fuel system and the engine fired pretty quick. The engine idle is smooth and high rpm running is smooth. The loose fuel bowl was the problem.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back