• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

zetor 3511

tractorcoleman

Level 2
First name
Chris Coleman
i am having trouble getting my zetor 3511 to start mant people which i have spoke to said that they are really good starters but mine seems not to be.
when the engine turns over the tractor smokes like it is trying to start but just does not seem to be able to strike.

any suggestions would be very helpful

Have you found the cold start button ?

yeah i have found the cold start button but even with using that it seems to not want to strike up. i have been told that zetors are good starters but i just cannot get it to run.
i have had it running until november but i went to it and it just wont start.
i have cleaned out all the injectors and cheaked all the diesel pump and everything is fine there is diesel getting to the engine but i still seem to get no luck.
is there anything i can ajust to help it start?

thank you.

I have a 6745 and I have found that it will not start if the engine is not turning over fast enough. I do the usual things like plug in the block heater use the cold start button and use a battery charger. This year I did a tune up on the starter. The contacts on the rotor that the brushes touch the gaps between them had become clogged with copper and the starter was short circuiting. I cleaned out the gaps with a hacksaw blade and the starter is working like it did 20 plus years ago.

hello again to all. i managed to get the zetor started after many hours of trying everything. i have cleaned all the starter so it now works more effectivly.
now the bad part after running the zator just round the garden when we got it started it has got stuck in reverse gear.
i have looked some aticals posted on this site and found them helpful but how do i know when it is out of gear beacuse i cannot find the nutral place.

chris

NEUTRAL IS WHEN ALL SELECTOR BLOCKS AR IN- LINE YOU WILL SEE THIS FROM THE SIDE OF THE TRACTOR WHEN YOU HAVE TAKEN THE GEARBOX TOP COVER OFF THERE ARE 5 BLOCKS IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY JUST LIKE MATCHBOXES UNDER THE STEERING WHEEL THESE HAVE TO BE PLACED SO THAT THERE IS A (ROAD) FOR THE GEAR LEVER DOWN THROUGH THE MIDDLE LIKE THIS ===== SEE THE LINE DOWN THE MIDDLE? MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS IN NEUTRAL BEFORE TAKING THE TOP OFF INCLUDING HIGH - LOW AND PTO LEVER! PUT SOME MULTI PURPOSE GREASE ON THE (ROAD) TO STOP REVERSE STICKING AND CHUCK SOME CLEAN OIL ALL OVER THE INSIDE OF THE GEARBOX ;)

IS IT STUCK OR IS IT BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW WERE THE GEARS ARE? NEUTRAL IS WHEN THE GEAR LEVER FALLS FROM STEERING WHEEL DOWN TO BOTTOM OF THE HOLE IN THE DASHBOARD YOU NEED TO PUSH THE LEVER FORWARD UNTIL IT IS (LOOSE)

after trying everything suggested which was much welcomed the tractor would still not come out of gear so i took the lid of the gear box and found thet the slider had broke away from the wishbone on the gear. i have taken it out now but am trying to find a replacement as i dont think welding it on the twist would hold for long. thanks for the help .
i have started restoring the tractor now.

chris

we welded the lever on our 4712 and ran it for another year. Just tack weld it to align it perfectly on the old breakline, then grind a slot in the breakline and back weld it so you get full penetration with minimal heat warpage. Then grind the rest of the weld flat with the rest of the surface and you have a lever indistinguishable from new.. ;)

i managed to get a new gear for just 27.76 which i was quite pleased with. i would have attempted to repair it but i am not great with a welder.
i have fitted the new part but it is really hard to select reverse now its realy stiff. thanks for the advice. ;)

chris

Hi just some advice on starting it.
Open the bonnet
Look just down over the water pump.
Over the tacho drive kind of a silver box
with a black cable going to the tacho drive.
Anyway over the tacho drive theres a lever.
Theres a slit in the top where a cable would have been.
That is a decompression lever.
It works by building up the engine speed when your turning it over
and introducing compression .
Pull the lever and turn it over a few times.
Then with it still turning over disengage the lever.
Hope this helps.
English 3511,s didint have this lever i dont think though..

Decompression lever was optional, even on the 3011. My 3011 has it, my brothers 2011 didnt have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back