• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 5340 advice

djsumcp20oldleawharfcouk

Level 2
First name
Dave-S
Hi,
As my 6718 came to end of life, I have bought a 5340, having fitted my Twose 9 feet topper to it found the upper tie bar, which is in the bottom of the 4 holes, comes up and hits the small window knocking it out and bending window frame. Have straightened frame and put window back.
Should the upper tie bar come back that far? Is there any way to restrict the lift up position, there is a stop for down.

img6.jpg

img7.jpg

The right hand hitch lift adjustment in the cab is solid and will not move, is this the gearing needs attention?

When the PTO clutch is engaged the Parking brake will not come up to put brake on. The PTO clutch lever at the side of the seat
goes away towards the back of the tractor, so it is not possible to operate from seat, so having to get up from seat to do it without having parked brake on. Is this correct should you not be able to put brake on first before disengaging PTO clutch?

Thanks David

You were pure lucky the window didn't shatter. One thing I notice from the second picture is the toplink fitting is very high on your topper and as you raise it, it's getting too close to the window, you'll just have to be more careful not to lift it up to the last from now on.

You could fit a restrictor to the handle in the cab so you can't move it all the way to the top.

The way the hand clutch faces the back of the cab it's fairy impossible to pull it up without standing up to pull it. But you should be able to pull the two levers together so you have a problem, you will have to check they both swivel on the same axle.

That adjuster in the cab for the level box turns on 2 gears that runs up and down the threaded bar, so yours is seized on the thread bar, you can open the level box and use plenty of WD-40 or burnt oil

Can you only lift that topper so high anyway, till the pto shaft start rubbing off the topper body? I seen ones like that topper before with the pto cover shredded from rubbing off the frame when lifted too high when it's running.

Never lift it with pto running, it does lift quite high because the toplink fitting is very high. which pulls the back up higher than the front, keeping shaft clear of topper frame.

Hitch Lift
Have fitted a piece metal in the slot to stop lever going back further when lifting topper.

1693857020499.png

Parking Brake
Is the fact you cannot apply parking brake when PTO clutch lever is up (disengaged) a design or is there somthing wrong with my setup? It would appear that something just below levers is stopping it. The brake cable is loose underneath. If I start to lower the PTO clutch lever and at the same time pull parking brake lever up, when the PTO clutch lever is about half way down the parking brake lever is released.
I cannot get to the underneath the levers to see what is stopping it. The brake cable is in poor condition one of the wires broken. The cables are dry should they be greased/oiled? How do I get access to under the levers where the cables connect?

1693857050944.png 1693857083837.png

Cab switches
Where do you turn head lights on, the operaters manual does not say, it states how to change from radiater grill to roof lights and low to high but does state how to turm on. The toggle switch it states will flash head light on put them low.
1693857116195.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Cab switches
Where do you turn head lights on, the operaters manual does not say, it states how to change from radiater grill to roof lights and low to high but does state how to turm on. The toggle switch it states will flash head light on put them low.

I would say the hand brake problem could be the axle they both swivel on where the wires are going to is dry, is there a grease nipple on that swivel.

You turn on the lights with the key 1) small, 2) dips. Then when you have dips on move the toggle switch that the indicators are on right or left to go from dip to heads. The heads lights will only come on the roof lights are off, unless someone has fiddled with you lights wiring, unfortunately Zetor have made in such a way that the roof lights and head lights can not be on simultaneously.

The problem is at the brake lever, when you try to pull it up and it will not move the cable underneath is still slack and nit trying to pull it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back