• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

solved Zetor 6245 - Help with wiring an electric fuel pump.

rob6245

Level 2
First name
rob6245
I need help wiring the electric fuel pump.

I wired the hot wire to the red wire in the ignition switch. When I did this the pump does not work until I insert the key(which is good thing). The problem I run into is when I push the button to start the tractor something is tripped, which cuts the power.
I wait a few minutes insert the key can hear the pump work, I push the button and again it cuts the power.

I pulled the ignition switch down from the dash board to wire pump.

I don't know what is causing the power to be tripped when I push the starter button.
Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks

all the power goes to the starter motor as it is supposed to.

I did it.

I installed electric pump between gas tank and sediment bowl.
I grounded the pump and wired the out to push button starter
:)

rob

:( tractor runs for only 15min before it dies out. I'm guessing lift pump is stuck, 2 questions;
1-Is there anything I should know if I bypass lift pump?
2-Does the electrical pump need to be on constantly if I bypass the lift pump?

thanks,
Rob

its a common thing to bypass the lift pump for electric ones on these models. you just remove the inlet and outlet pipe from the lift pump and make them fit your electric pump. ideally you should remove the lift pump and fit a small blanking plate on the pump instead of it.

Matthew,

Thanks for your reply. I have by-passed lift pump, electric pump on when key is in, and tractor started right up.
Zetor 6245 is running I will keep you posted after I run it for awhile.

Thanks,
Rob
NM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back