• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

12245 Hydraulic on/off shaft

greg_forster

Level 2
First name
Greg Forster
Hi Forum,
Just put in a new pump and the on/off shaft first started sucking in then popping out violently and has now progressed to vibrating and grinding. I think something went bang..... so i assume something is broken.

Any clues?

Cheers Greg

Are you talking about the handle on the outside of the plate for turning on and off the pump, it goes forward for on and back is off.

I am talking about the shaft above the hydraulic pump that runs in towards the gear box. My tractor no longer has the cover plate with the engagement lever. But it is the shaft the engagement lever would control.

Thanks

G'day Everyone

I think i have only one option, and that is the split the tractor to investigate what went wrong with the engagement shaft.

Does any one know if i would need to remove the intermediate section from the gearbox and the bell housing to get the job done. If so, is it better to split at the gearbox first or second.

Any wise counsel would be much appreciated.

Thanks Greg

The pump and shaft are in the bell housing. It is not too easy to split the tractor at the gearbox if you don't start at the clutch first in my opinion.

Thanks for the help Diy Farmer.
Much Appreciated. I've already split the tractor at the gearbox (not easy) and removed the pump gear housing. It looks to me that the 'Shifting Sleeve' has worn to a 45 degree angle where i assume it should be 90 degrees to lock in and drive. This would have caused the gear shift bar to jump and grind. At least i think so.

I see the picture on FB, but I never saw that part before so I can't give much advice.

Final analysis ..... It was the pump that seized, causing the shifting sleeve to pop and grind. Gary from Zetor Direct Aus, pointed this possibility out while i was ordering parts. I stated i put a new pump in at the start of the thread, but this was unintentionally misleading ..... it was actually my pump that was 'serviced' by a local hydraulics shop. Not something i would ever do again.
Cheers Greg

I never heard of hydraulic pump to seize, most of the time they would was fail and you'd be left with nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back