• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question 2016 Major 80 A/C Recharge questions

jawzx

Level 2
First name
MKW
I have a 2016 North American Market Major 80 (4.2l 1105 engine) and I am attempting to recharge the A/C system. I have found the high-pressure service port, which is in front of the condenser, just before the expansion tube, as is common in automotive-type systems, but for the life of me I can't find the low-pressure service port! I have followed the hoses as far as I can see them between the compressor, condenser, and cab post with no sign of a low pressure port. I even opened up the blower cover on the roof of the cab, I can see where the lines connect to the evaporator manifold, but there doesn't appear to be a low pressure service port there either... Where the heck is it?? Does any one know?

I am no experience of air conditioning units never had it before or never put my hand to one but my HSX has A/C, I'm not sure what it is you are looking for but I see a black cover on a service port on a pipe on the A/C unit on the engine and another one on a pipe that goes up the front pillar of the cab on the left side. Is that what's your looking for?

That is exactly what i'm looking for. The one nearer the engine should have an "H" on the cap, and the one farther away a "L"... My Major 80 has hoses that run up the cab post, not a pipe though, and there doesnt seem to be a port there. Someone on another forum suggested that the low-pressure switch may double as the service port and I'm investigating that.

Right now on my Zetor HSX, there's like a metal filter shaped thing under the floor at the pillar the pipes are going to top of it and that's where the port is, the pipes come out of that and go up the cab pillar.

That would make sense, probably the dryer cannister. Maybe I should pull the step panel and see if the Major has a cannister hidden up there where I can't see it...

Is your diesel tank under the left side steps? well try behind that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back