• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Major 80 (US market, Cab) Horn Circuit

jawzx

Level 2
First name
MKW
I have a 2017 North American market Zetor Major 80 (same as 2013 UK model?) with cab. I have resolved to replace the wimpy factory "meep meep" horn with something more authoritative. It appears that the wire to the factory horn is very small, perhaps only 18 AWG, I suspect this means that the horn circuit is connected through the steering column switch only and does not have a relay, but I have been unable to confirm this with documentation that is freely available on the internet...

I have procured a vintage dual-tone FIAT horn unit, as well as a lovely old AutoLite folded horn that came off a 60's vintage Rover. The FIAT horn includes a relay, and based on it's loudness, probably needs it... the Rover horn did not have a relay apparent in it's circuit, but I am hesitant to swap it into the Zetor without knowledge of the horn circuit. Does anyone know the schematic for the Major 80 horn? Is there a relay? Which fuse is it connected to? etc... thanks!

The little puny horn noise they put on Zetors now are lame ok. Probably to suit some EU thing maybe, I put on my big HSX 2 horn unit off a 1980s Alfa Romeo and will shift anyone in my way.

I didn't do anything to tractor only replaced the squeaky old yoke.

thanks, I swapped in the old AutoLite horn with no other modification, and it's a huge improvement.

Good job, the ultimate for noise would be to fit air horns but can be annoying if you only want to move a dog or something.

our Sheep seem to respect the new horn much better, but the geese still don't care :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back