• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

8011 Brakes with Ford parts.

rania

Level 2
First name
Don
I read a comment on some forum that Zetor 8011 brakes could be fixed with Ford parts. If true, do you think they were they talking about slave and master cylinders or the dry clutch too?

Has anyone converted an 8011 to use 2 line air brakes? One of my 8011's has a compressor and air tank. Just thinking...

Thanks

8011 brakes are just like any other mechanical thing: if you want to be tight and squeeze every penny of life out of it, youre in the shop often.

If they start to fail, replace the balls each and every time. They wear flat edges and hang. Brake plates with 50% wear on them, throw away and put new ones in. They are t expensive, so if you dont, dont complain about "allways something with it"

Oh, and replacing each and every Gufero seal you pulled a shaft out of, is the cheapest insurance of all. They dont leak in operation, they start leaking after you pried the final drives back in them and overstretch the old hard rubber.

There was an engineering company back in the late 90s was modifying the brakes on crystals and fitting what was called "rod brakes" and I saw several that were done, not sure how successful they were but it meant doing away with all the brake fluid and associated parts.

There was an engineering company back in the late 90s was modifying the brakes on crystals and fitting what was called "rod brakes" and I saw several that were done, not sure how successful they were but it meant doing away with all the brake fluid and associated parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back