• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

8011 identification plate location??

jonathan_pengilley

Level 2
First name
Norm90
I have recently bought an 8011 I believe it is an earlier one and was told that the ID number could be any where stamped on it. I found the plate in the cab. I am trying to track down the number plate but zetor won't tell me any more with out the I'D number and year build!
Can any one please help me? Thanks

I have recently bought an 8011 I believe it is an earlier one and was told that the ID number could be any where stamped on it. I found the plate in the cab. I am trying to track down the number plate but zetor won't tell me any more with out the I'D number and year build!

There should be a plate on the side of the dash on the brake pedal side failing that sometimes a plate on the engine block. You can tell it's age by some parts on the tractor that were replaced over the years most notably was the head lights.

On the the left hand side of the sump , there will be date stamped, in the casting . Numbers will be an inch high or maybe a little more.eg, 12/76. December 1976.

you should be able to find an engine number engraved on the engine block behind the front frame bar near the power steering filter.

Location of the chassis number on an 8011
Started at Wed Sep 27 13:56:22 2017
Hi,

Where is the chassis number located on the 8011? I need it for a log book.

Thanks Don
Re: Location of the chassis number on an 8011
Reply #1 Posted at Wed Oct 25 19:16:18 2017
Last Modified at Wed Oct 25 19:16:58 2017 by Don
To answer my own question, they are on the left side gearbox casting under cab. Stand in front of rear left wheel and look under the cab at the gearbox. The numbers are clearly visible on the casting. If they are not, maybe she needs a power washer happy

That is a post on this forum from earlier, if you have an engine number and a chassis number you can get a replacement log book from the motor tax office.

Thank you both I think I have found the year it was built stamped on the block. 7 73.

If it as old as that 1973 yours will have washable filters on the power steering and the hydraulics which was on the early ones up to about 1976

How is the tractor going well for a 1973 model for 45 year old tractor?

How is the tractor going well for a 1973 model for 45 year old tractor?

Won't start with out easy start! but i changed the filters there was alot of water in them i also done the tapets but its not charging so the battery are not at there best.

It has lost it live to tell it the alternator to start working so just need to fix that problem and then hopefully it will start on its own:)

It has lost it live to tell it the alternator to start working so just need to fix that problem and then hopefully it will start on its own:)

Well keep it going on her, sounds great to be able to have an old beast motoring still, the oldest crystal I drove was a 1974 version but it`s probably made into a digger bucket or something now.

Well keep it going on her, sounds great to be able to have an old beast motoring still, the oldest crystal I drove was a 1974 version but it`s probably made into a digger bucket or something now.

[/ -- End of Quote -- ]

It must of heard me I went to start it earlier a few turns and started up couldn't believe it.
:D

What is the condition of the rest of the tractor, does it have the washable filters on the power steering and hydraulics? if so it`s still in original state.

What is the condition of the rest of the tractor, does it have the washable filters on the power steering and hydraulics? if so it`s still in original state.

Yes it does have washable filters. Only the back window is missing, wings are getting rusty but frame is good and still has its compressor.
But it has oil coming out the exhaust pipe its that much its running down it and dripping on the bonnet. Not sure what causing it?

But it has oil coming out the exhaust pipe its that much its running down it and dripping on the bonnet. Not sure what causing it?

Rings on the pistons are worn, its some mess when oil starts running down the exhaust and coming out the manifold and the smell of oil burning coming into the cab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back