• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

bucket slowly falls to the ground

russellfees

Level 2
First name
russellfees
1993 zetor 3340 4wd... my bucket now slowly falls all the way to the ground. hydraulic fluid is FULL, NO leaks that i can find anywhere. it will tilt downward in a matter of seconds, and then in probably a minute or two, the arms fall to the ground as well, nothing in the bucket to add anyweight. also, at one time i could lift the front of the tractor with the bucket to see if the 4wd was engaged, now, i can't do that...if i try, the hydraluics will "give" and the front of the tractor falls to the ground. seems quite dangerous if the hydraulics can't be trusted! trying to work with the dealer, but they are 3 hours away and i dont have a trailer to haul this back to them. hoping its an easy fix i can do myself?? Thanks!!

Sounds like your hydraulic pump is on the way out or nearly gone. Easiest way to test it is to get a tipping trailer and tip it up to the last if it falls down quickly, you may get your wallet out.

Hi
Am i right to asume it is the frontendloader thats fall down, if so i think this sounds like ann internal leak inn the rams or that the spoolwalve is leaking internal. Onse you lett go of the valveleaver the pump is disengaget.
Bjarne

If it's only the loader going down or the bucket tilting by itself, yes oil can be leaking back in the rams or in the valve chest. But if you try what I stated before by raising up a tipping trailer it would tell you if the hydraulic pump is in trouble.

I have a 1998 Zetor 3320 with System 100 loader and had to replace the pump about 3 years ago. The loader started getting very weak fast then stopped lifting all together. It always leaks some where but never effects the operation of the loader. Once i replaced the pump i noticed it worked much faster. I think the pump was around $700.00 US. I'm not an expert but that was my problem and fix. I replaced it myself. Wasn't that hard.

The loader started getting very weak fast then stopped lifting all together. It always leaks some where but never effects the operation of the loader. Once i replaced the pump i noticed it worked much faster.

Yes this would correct for a loader that would not lift off the ground, but as this tractors problem is that it's falling by itself the pump is working good enough to lift so. This is why I suggest trying a tipping trailer on the back to check the pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back