• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question glow plug controller replacement on Zetor 6441?

cul8ter6969

Level 2
First name
cul8ter
Has anyone ever replaced a glow plug controller on a 6441? If so can you offer any advice on how best to reach it? I can see the controller above the battery but it is not easily reachable even after removing the battery. I thought if I could remove the front grill that would be best but I do not see that the grill is removable. Any advice is most appreciated.

got it done, if anyone else needs to know you've got to remove the battery and air filter housing (still did not fix my issue, tractor still won't start on cool mornings, glow plugs won't activate)

Is the glowplug OK? Is the electrical fuel valve OK. The relay will give a 4 sec long on-signal to the valve when activating the starter to let diesel in to the glowplug.

I became uncertain if 6441 is equiped with the type of coldstart i described above if not just forget what i said.

I'm curious to know if you ended up finding the solution to your problem? I also have a 6441 and it has recently become much more finicky about cold starts (below 32 F). Now if I forget to plug it in and temps are in the 20's I have to cycle the plugs 2-3 times.
It has always been a little cold averse. Several years back I switched to synthetic oil and that really seemed to help . In fact, I could start all the way down to 0 if I had to (if the wall plug timer faulted). I don't think I could get away with that now.
Thanks for sharing! I hope you got your problem figured out!

There are 4 glow plugs. Assuming your light on the dash is working okay You can test them in place by disconnecting the wires and checking their resistance with a digital multi-meter.
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back