• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

info New Major series launched

leonard_donnellan

Level 2
First name
lenny
In this weeks Irish Farmers Journal it is reported that zetor are launching a new major series in 2013, it will have a zetor engine and a carraro gearbox. Has anybody else hear about this?

I havent... there are some rumors about an entry level Perkins/Cat 3 cylinder, but i must see that first... So Zetor is testing the market how well a light duty tractor will sell ? Can they keep up with India pricing, and would they attach their name to the light duty level of such "competitively priced product" ?? Deere can get away with anything just because its green, but Zetor ??

A light duty carraro rear end would be scrap within a year if we threw it the tasks we did with our 5245, and still do with our 5718 and 6718... (being part time farmers/contractors/landscapers) And the average British livestock farmer wouldnt be impressed either when he replaces a 6245 loader tractor with one, and it lifts the rear end instead of the loader bucket... What market segment would it actually be targeted at ? Perhaps they should just accept that they cannot build the same tractor for the money as they did 30 years ago, and keep the legend alive by focusing on their core business...

Why dont they team up with HMT and also outsource to India just like Deere is doing ? Then it would at least be within the family... And HMT probably likes to get some fresh developments from Zetor in return, as the Indian tractor market is developing rapidly towards Euro/American economy type of tractors..

Can you show us the link to that website ?

In the english farmers weekly there is a front cover of the new zetor hsx and a review inside. The review is positive which is a nice change from the negative reviews that the british press usually give to zetor. According to the farmers weekly the new major series will be on sale in britain from october 2012.
It was my understanding from The Irish Farmers Journal that the gear box would be from carraro but the backend would be zetor.
The zetor back end is better that MF and the New Holland TD series but the 10 speed zetor gearbox is becoming a bit dated.

It was my understanding from The Irish Farmers Journal that the gear box would be from carraro but the backend would be zetor .
The zetor back end is better that MF and the New Holland TD series but the 10 speed zetor gearbox is becoming a bit dated.
The Zetor back end is simply unbeatable in its class... an NH TD 80 has no more rear axle than my 3011... You can throw anything at an old UR1 (4011 and later) rear end and it simply wont budge... ;)
Well, if the Carraro transmission doesnt need a ridiculous front loader subframe to keep it apiece, they might have a winner...

Or perhaps they should pull some integrated frame beams along it, just like Deere does on the 6000 and 7000 series... It makes putting on a frontloader (70% of the USA models will get it) much easier so in the end, its cheaper for most buyers.
then they would have something that wont disappoint their old customers... ;) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back