• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Proxima 6441

farrier

Level 2
First name
Tony
:)I have just bought a new Zetor Proxima 6441, with Cab and 102SLX loader.
I understand the 6441 has the same engine as the 8441. Can my engine be tuned to produce the same horse power?

I would be interested to hear from anyone that has experience with thw 6441. My old 7245 was a great tractor I just hope the new one is as good. Tony

Proxima will be lots better... smoother engine, an enormous amount of torque (our dealer had one from the factory with 50% torque backup... they set that back to 40, which is still way above average) better visibility, lots better location of the control levers (not a funny mid mounted gearlever anymore) and 50% more hydraulic capacity.
Oh, and the Proxima has no more dodgy master cylinders or dry drum brakes....You wont be disappointed.

8441 has got small intercooler, different injector pump and nozzles and also cylinder head is a littlebit different I think. Pistons are similar.

:DI only have 10 hours on my 6441 and that has been moving snow. I'm really impressed with the tractor so far. I hated to see the old 7245 go, but now I realized I made a good decesion to spend the cash and upgrade to the 6441.
Can't wait till spring when I can get out in the fields. The cab is great in the cold. Don't know why I waited so long to get one.
The sound of the turbo spooling up is pretty neat too!!!

Just make sure you gently warm that turbo before putting it to full throttle... Turbos are sensitive for temperature differences because they can heat up to several 100 degrees. warm it up gently, and after heavy work, let the engine idle for a minute or two, before shutting it off especially in winter weather.

The turbo is cooled by oil. shutting off the engine means shutting off the oil supply. this can cause the oil in the turbo to overheat and carbonate, and may cause bearing crash.

:)Thanks for the tip. I don't won't t hurt this baby. It is too much $$$ to mistreat. Thanks again. Tony

My cousin in Canada had a Case/David Brown, when blowing snow at minus 20C it had fuel problems, so th engine would suddenly starve from fuel and stop immediately while doing 100% pto output. This had to happen only a few times to cost him a turbo...

and after heavy work, let the engine idle for a minute or two,

My opinion is that often people "after-run" their engine with too low rpm (idle is in proximas 750rpm) which is too less. 1000-1200 rpm will keep oli pressure and cooling system pressure high enough to ensure proper lubrication and cooling in hot engine.

You are correct about idle being about 750 RPMs. At least that is where mine is idling. I have been blowing snow with mine, but the temp has been about 25 degrees f. Hope it doesn't ever get to -20 around here.
I'm from the south and this cold Pa weather is already getting to me. I will admit having the new Proxima, with the cab, has made it a lot easier. Don't know if I tough enough to move this snow with an open station tractor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back