• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Thoughts on buying a Zetor

diyfarmer

Level 2
First name
diy farmer
We are going to buy a tractor for the coming silage season, I would only be looking Zetor , so I went to see a 2012 forterrra 130 hsx. But my brother wants a 6 cylinder so has to look at another make. We had 12111/12145 in the past

What are people thoughts on a Zetor 130 hsx versus 6 cyl other (same 130)???

Cracking glass door issues on Zetor are solved. Random electronic issues on many used six pots arent.

Why a six pot ? because of previous experiences with a 11441 ?? Most 11441 owners swore to never own a 4 banger again, because of extreme turbo lag, insufficient engine cooling, jumpiness due to the small wheelbase for the horsepower, etcetera.

The HSX has an air to air intercooler which doesnt have the low end performance issues associated with the 11441 with its air to water intercooler, which had insufficient capacity. Wheelbase is comparable to compact six pots of yesteryear, e.g. Ford 7810, Fendt 514 or Case 5150

It just doesnt have the electronic issues associated with Italian tractors, like potentiometers of the throttle, or gearbox switches.

And its hard to beat a 4 pot Zetor on fuel. Maybe if you use the external hydraulics a lot, you might like others more, because those damned Czechs refuse to incorporate a Proxima based external spool lever configuration, even though people have been complaining about its awkwardness for more than a decade.

I think its the overall size & weight of a big 6 cyl 130- 140 hp tractor pulling the full silage wagon up the hills, compared to the compacted 130 that is his problem. My 10641 looks dainty beside 12145

My 10641 looks dainty beside 12145
A local farmer had a 11441 and an Ursus. The 11441 (with front ligft and PTO, no ballast) could lift bigger pallets of stones on the 3pt lift than the six pot. The HD has the same wheelbase as the old 12145, the HSX is only slightly shorter.

About pulling uphill vs a six pot, ask Jorgen (Forterra11441) how his 140 HSX compares to his friends MF 6290... :)

[quotepost=3]My 10641 looks dainty beside 12145
A local farmer had a 11441 and an Ursus. The 11441 (with front ligft and PTO, no ballast) could lift bigger pallets of stones on the 3pt lift than the six pot. The HD has the same wheelbase as the old 12145, the HSX is only slightly shorter.

About pulling uphill vs a six pot, ask Jorgen (Forterra11441) how his 140 HSX compares to his friends MF 6290...

HSX 140 outperforms new holland six cylinder 150 hp. it pulls ten tonnes uphill a 12% hill at 4th gear in 20 kmph and fuelconsumption is at an average of 8 liter pr hour. if thats not good enough then buy a crystal :)

Well the whole deal for the 130 hsx is "pie in the sky" now anyway, because with a price tag of 50,000 euro. my brother says its outside our price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back