• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 8540 vs 6340

moetr

Level 1
First name
moetr
I am looking at a Zetor 8540 with 2000 hours and a Zetor 6340 with 300 hours. I will use the tractor for plowing, small operation, running the 9' discbine and 4x5 round baler. Read the pto in 6340 had some issues. I can't figure out the differences. Same year of manufacture and 6340 is 77 hp and 8540 is 80 hp, at engine. I would like to get the 6340 as it is local. Both cab tractors. Can someone explain which tractor would be better and why?

What plough will you be using ? 4x18" at the, north american usual depth of 6 inches ??

The 8540 will have more traction due to its weight, but the 6340 is a pocket rocket, much more nimble, faster acceleration at road transport, less fuel consumption during PTO work.

Only if you really need the traction i'd get the 8540. for general work the 6340 puts the same, if not more, horses to the wheels or the PTO due to the straightforward gearbox, with a lower fuel consumption. Even when tweaked to 80+ hp they still arent thirsty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back