• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Won't Start 8011

rania

Level 2
First name
Don
My 8011 will start on a tow but won't start on the starter. I've primed the lift pump ( there sounds to be air from back of pump as I prime ) and traces of diesel at primer. She smokes when I turn her but won't fire. The starter seems fine and she turns over well. Throttle is open a little and lever on fuel pump moves with throttle so linkage is OK.

She starts on a tow. No oil in water or leaks that I can see.

Any ideas please?

Thanks
Don

Black... looks like she SHOULD start but nothing.
She turns over correctly and nice smoke at the exhaust.

[quotepost.
looks like she SHOULD start but nothing.

[/ -- End of Quote -- ]

If I had a tractor like that I would open the throttle to the last before trying to start if you pumped the diesel too then be sure your batteries are prefect and the starter is turning over fast enough to go, and when its turning over if you someone else to pump the primer more that there's no blockage in lines and your diesel is good

Thanks - she started on a tow when she arrived. I have 2 HD batteries in her and she seems to turn over fine OK....
I have another starter I can borrow - I'll try that next. Last owner said she was a pig to start. He thought it might be glazed bores :( Sure hope not

Thanks for the reply

she started on a tow when she arrived. I have 2 HD batteries in her and she seems to turn over fine OK....
I have another starter I can borrow

It may not be building up compression, you could get it tested. or a lazy starter and you get it tested too.

She turns over at the correct speed though which is why I hoped fuel pump issues :) Comnpression sounds like . Anyone know compression range a standard 80112 should have?

Thanks
Don

Comnpression sounds like . Anyone know compression range a standard 80112 should have?
Thanks
Don

the compression ratio for 8011 is 17%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back