• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Won't start no fuel to injectors

spur0303yahoocom

Level 2
First name
Frank
I have a Zetor 6245. I ran it yesterday and it ran fine. Today I went to use it and I can't get it to start.I checked at the out side of the fuel filters and I have fuel there to the injector pump. I cracked the number one fuel line at the injector and I have no fuel. It acts like the fuel shut off is still engaged. I moved the throttle lever and the shaft going into the injector pump is moving full range.Any ideas on what to check. I can't think the injector pump quit all at once. Is there a way to check from the outside of the injector pump to see if the fuel shut off is releasing?

Did you try keep hand pumping the fuel when you have the pipe open on the top of the pump?

I got it running. Just by luck I saw a bleed screw on top of the injector pump. I didn't think it would help but I cracked it while my wife turned the engine over. There were only a few bubbles came out but when I re-tightened the bleed screw the tractor started.Can't figure how the air got there cause the tractor ran fine the day before and I never had that problem before.

As a side note when I was thinking that the fuel shut off was sticking I worked the hand throttle back and forth quickly to see if that would help . After I got the tractor started I went to but a round bale in to the horses. As I went to move the hand throttle the lever broke off flush with the boss on the linkage. Seems like one thing after another. After I welded another lever on it seems everything is well for now.What next?

I got it running. Just by luck I saw a bleed screw on top of the injector pump. I didn't think it would help but I cracked it while my wife turned the engine over. There were only a few bubbles came out but when I re-tightened the bleed screw the tractor started.Can't figure how the air got there cause the tractor ran fine the day before and I never had that problem before.

You wouldn't need to keep turning over the engine whilst the bleed screw was open instead pump the hand primer to extract any air, but it's good news your motoring again. As to where the air came from? can be a sign you have worn seals around the primer or the filters or a steel pipe has a crack and check the glass bowl is tight and not leaking.

As a side note when I was thinking that the fuel shut off was sticking I worked the hand throttle back and forth quickly to see if that would help . After I got the tractor started I went to but a round bale in to the horses. As I went to move the hand throttle the lever broke off flush with the boss on the linkage. Seems like one thing after another. After I welded another lever on it seems everything is well for now.What next?

It's that series of Zetor , some of them seem to be made when the workers were having an off day, like a bad Monday morning. We had a 7245 before that I could write a book on what problems and breakdowns it had over the few years we had it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back