• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

question Zetor 8011 Handbrake Cable

zetor8

Level 2
First name
Zetor8
Hello everybody,

I recently bought a Zetor 8011 that have a defect handbrake.
Now I've found what the problem is.
It's the Handbrake Cable thats broken.

I have bought a new Cable and removed the old one, but I cant mount the new one around the "Wheel" on the handbrake lever. The opening is too small for the Cable to go trough.

Is there a way to remove the wheel on the handbrake lever so I can fit the new one around the wheel?

Yes you have to remove the little wheel to get in the cable into place, anytime I do this I would remove the right hand back wheel gives you more room to do this.

Thank you for the answer!

How do I remove the little wheel? Is the "bolt" going through the wheel threaded? Or is there a pin somewhere that holds the "bolt" in place?

How do I remove the little wheel? Is the "bolt" going through the wheel threaded? Or is there a pin somewhere that holds the "bolt" in place?

Right going through the wheel should be a little shaft, at the back of it there's a roll pin going through the handbrake body and holding in the shaft in place and there is a pin on the front with the spring that pulls down the handbrake back down, so need to release this spring tension first to get out the shaft that holds the wheel in place. Then push out the roll pin at the back.

You should clean the notches for the handbrake and the dog on the handle, while your in there, just for safety

Now I've changed the handbrake cable.
I managed to do it through the hole where the handbrake lever goes, and from under the tractor.
I had problems finding the pin behind the small wheel, so I ended up taking the whole handbrake assembly out.
I'm afterhand happy that I did this cause there was a lot of dirt and rust there. :eek:

Except for a rusty pin and some problems mounting the new cable (very tight fit), the job was quite easy.
Now the only things left to do is to adjust the brakes and bleed them, then shes ready to go! :cool:

Thank you for the information! I don't think I would have solved the problem otherwise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back