• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

16145 questions

dzldude01

Level 1
First name
dzldude01
Found a zetor 16145 close to me for a good price with low hours 4000. Only problem with the tractor is the power steering don't work. Is this a major problem? Costly?
How do you think this tractor would hold up to pulling a 23 foot batwing
Bushog on steep hill sides. We currently use a IH 1086 with duals but want to upgrade to 4wd.
Thanks Aaron

The power steering could be the pump or faulty line or seals. Depending on your part of the world Zetor parts are mostly reasonably priced. Have a look at he thread on the 16145 jumping out of gear - some of this model seem to have had transmission problems. The motors are good for pulling and are very economical. The brake mechanism has a reputation for seizing up but that part is external. I've only had my 12045 for six months but I'm very happy with it.

I have the 16145 with the gear troubles. Mine wouldnt steer when i bought it as the pin connecting the steering cylinder to the arm was missing. the cost was about $80, which i thought was reasonable. I really havent used it yet as the pto has a problem which i discovered when i hooked it to the baler and havent fixed yet, but the pto clutch assy can be accessed from the rear. this tractor had been sitting, i bought it at an auction, it had not been taken care of, for example, the two batteries were permanently connected in series instead of using the original series/parallel switch. it will have a lower center of gravity than the 1086. it seems to be a good design, other than the tranny. I am in Arkansas, USA, and have the parts, operating, and workshop manual , (16245-similar).if you buy it and have questions, i would help if i could. first Zetor i have owned, but i like it so far, just a straightforward machine like your IH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back