• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

3320 slave cylinder

cjranch

Level 2
First name
steve
I need to know what the long rod on the slave cylinder is for. I think it might be the clutch adjustment. Thanks

no, its just a pushrod, no adjustments. You adjust the brake at the master cylinder.

Thanks Renze,

I'm trying to change the slave cylinder but can't get the mounting pins out. They have carter keys on them. But they just wont turn.
also the rod i'm talking about is appox 2 foot long hooks to the slave cylinder and runs back.

Ah, you mean the clutch slave cylinder... sorry i thought brakes...

Leave the rod alone, and adjust the clutch pressure fingers through the little hatch on the side of the bellhousing. Reminder: only 3 of the six fingers belong to the travel clutch: the other three to the PTO clutch.

The adjusting rods on the side, have different adjusting lengths: the ones that are screwed tightest to the flywheel (on the outside) are the travel clutch ones.

first undo the six counternuts while prying it around with a tire bar or a crowbar. Then adjust each nut a spanner stroke at a time and pry it to the next, give each one the same amount of spanner strokes. It must maintain a certain amount of free stroke before it starts pulling the pressure plate off, or it will eat the throwout bearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back