• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

7245 Loader Capacity

rockcod

Level 2
First name
rockcod
Hi,
I am in Australia and have been researching a lot of tractors since I need to buy one :)
The old Zetors seem to tick a few boxes for me and I'm currently checking out a 7245.

I am intending on fitting a loader to the tractor and am needing to know what sort of capacity this model can handle on the loader assuming I fit a solid full frame loader.

It wont be doing heaps of loader work but want to make sure that this model is suitable for my needs or if I should be looking at a different one.

Cheers,
Dave

Hi,
I am in Australia and have been researching a lot of tractors since I need to buy one :)
The old Zetors seem to tick a few boxes for me and I'm currently checking out a 7245.

I am intending on fitting a loader to the tractor and am needing to know what sort of capacity this model can handle on the loader assuming I fit a solid full frame loader.

It wont be doing heaps of loader work but want to make sure that this model is suitable for my needs or if I should be looking at a different one.

Cheers,
Dave

We bought a brand new one back in 1987 with a Quicke 2300 loader we used for several years pushing up silage and feeding cows, it has no bother lifting half ton bags of fertilizer anyway or bales of silage and wouldn't of had any weights behind either, it was replaced by a short lived 7745 and the 7340 with a shuttle

You think it would cope with unloading 800-1000kg feed bags off a trailer from time to time? It's is the axle I'm not sure about, I don't want to bust anything but it would be good if it could lift a tonne but I wont be doing that very often and wont be in a rush.

I saw some specs online that the front and rear axles were both rated to 35.32kN which is 3.6 tonne each but not sure if that would be right? if so they should be ok.

You think it would cope with unloading 800-1000kg feed bags off a trailer from time to time? It's is the axle I'm not sure about, I don't want to bust anything but it would be good if it could lift a tonne but I wont be doing that very often and wont be in a rush.

I saw some specs online that the front and rear axles were both rated to 35.32kN which is 3.6 tonne each but not sure if that would be right? if so they should be ok.

I don't think any tractor loader would be able for a tonne bag. In Ireland fertilizer comes in half ton bags and front loaders are able to lift 1 them at a time but to up to a 1000kg would be very hard on your loader as they are out too far. you would want a forklift on the back. In the fertilizer stores they can lift 2 half ton bags at the same time but they either have a diesel forklift of a telescopic handler (into the last), I saw my brother's tractor lift a 750kg jeep but he could only get it less than a metre off the ground with a weight on the back.

The loader is just out too far for a front loader to lift 1000kg too mush leverage. a forklift or crane on the back or you'll need a wheeled shovel or digger or you'll need to put your feed into smaller bags

Fair enough, most bulk feed etc over here comes in 1 tonne bags and it seems most modern tractors of 75hp with a loader will lift over a tonne, the old zetors seem to be built tough but not sure if any were more prone to front axle issues that others. I wouldn't want to go much bigger so if the 7745 or 8145 are not much stronger in the front i'd rather stay on the smaller side.

Fair enough, most bulk feed etc over here comes in 1 tonne bags and it seems most modern tractors of 75hp with a loader will lift over a tonne, the old zetors seem to be built tough but not sure if any were more prone to front axle issues that others. I wouldn't want to go much bigger so if the 7745 or 8145 are not much stronger in the front i'd rather stay on the smaller side.

If you were to lift a tonne bag with a loader you would defiantly need a counter weight on the back but your front tyres would not be wide enough to take the weight, and you would not want to lift too high while your moving, the tyres on a 7245 are only 12x24 but the ones on like a telehandler are 540x70x24 and would be able for the weight

Yes, would only be to get it off the trailer and in shed so not high and not far.

Not fussed if it doesn't do it easily, just don't want to break anything expensive:)

Specs on some of the early 90's models in similar size rate the loaders at over a tonne so surely not much would of changed in a couple of years unless some models have wider tyres etc fitted?

Yes for instance our old 8111 had a loader and as soon as you lifted a half tonne bag the 7.50x20 tyres would be pancakes, but with 1100x20 wide tyres at least they could take the weight. I still be cautious about lift 1000kg, even if you can get it up off the trailer when you reverse will lift your back wheels off the ground unless you have a good size weight. If I was in your shoes I would get a forklift attachment for the back, as it takes all the weight and will fit any tractor, as a place near me uses one on a ford major to lift lumps of trees. Or you need a more industrial vehicle, what do they use where you buy the feed to load the bags on the trailer?

They load the bulk bags with a little forklift.

Its not the main thing I want the tractor for so not worried about the full tonne, if I have to put a weight on the back that would be ok if it will do it, I just wanted to make sure these didn't have a weak axle or something that was going to break often and drain my wallet! Sounds like it would be up to the job but if not a fork on the linkage would probably get the job done anyway.

The loader will mainly be for shifting bales, feeders etc, moving a bit of dirt, moving firewood, clean up and such.

Yes, would only be to get it off the trailer and in shed so not high and not far.

Not fussed if it doesn't do it easily, just don't want to break anything expensive:)

Specs on some of the early 90's models in similar size rate the loaders at over a tonne so surely not much would of changed in a couple of years unless some models have wider tyres etc fitted?

i have a 7340 with a quicke loader 3301 it's very strong never gave any bother and the tractor the equivalent of yours i usually give my contractor a hand collecting the bales but last summer i could only lift some of them others no way i would rev the tractor up but it made no change of getting them off the ground

the pump just couldn't lift them
the contractors got a jcb 434 come along and swipe them away i was left picking up ones only on the back

They load the bulk bags with a little forklift.

Its not the main thing I want the tractor for so not worried about the full tonne, if I have to put a weight on the back that would be ok if it will do it, I just wanted to make sure these didn't have a weak axle or something that was going to break often and drain my wallet! Sounds like it would be up to the job but if not a fork on the linkage would probably get the job done anyway.

The loader will mainly be for shifting bales, feeders etc, moving a bit of dirt, moving firewood, clean up and such.

The rest of your jobs would be perfect for a tractor of this size.
It's not the axle that would be a problem I say, it would be the front tyres, whether the pump is strong enough, and if the loader is strong enough to take the weight.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/weight-blocks/16825441. The 750kg one

If you stick one of these on the back you would have a bit of ballast anyway

Sounds good, I will more than likely make my own loader unless I can find something suitable that will fit so I can make that plenty strong enough and I can put bigger bore lift cylinders to give me a bit more grunt with lower pressure.

fair play to you if your able to built a front loader yourself , to give you my two cents i have quicke and modern ones are built heavier now but i saw a very industrial type on a zetor it had and independent pump on the pto to increase power called a farmhand loader

Fair play indeed. Some talented engineer we have here. Rossmore must have started the same way.

I'm a boilermaker by trade and the neighbor has a few front end loaders old and new so I''ll measure them up and work something out.

The standard pump on a 7245 is 32l/m I read does that sound about right? is there an additional pump that is commonly used if more flow / pressure is needed or is just running off a standard remote the norm?

I'm a boilermaker by trade and the neighbor has a few front end loaders old and new so I''ll measure them up and work something out.
is there an additional pump that is commonly used if more flow / pressure is needed or is just running off a standard remote the norm?

Well your still a great engineer to face into building it yourself anyway. What Brandy legs said would be a help having an independent pump on the back with a tank of oil to power the loader and run the PTO would make a difference be like a hedgecuttter, and if you lived near me I could give you them parts.

But if you want to use the back couplings be the norm ok, if you were leaving the loader on her forever, you can take out the centre of the male and female fittings and then you would have no restrictions in the oil flow.

I'll have to check out the hydraulic side of it later on when I have had a look and understand the workings. I have a bit of experience with hydraulics but I'm not to familiar with tractor systems.

fair play to you if your able to built a front loader yourself , to give you my two cents i have quicke and modern ones are built heavier now but i saw a very industrial type on a zetor it had and independent pump on the pto to increase power called a farmhand loader

Hey Brandy I know that tractor too, you Zetor with the farmhand loader. Was it by any chance a 12145 like yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back