• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

fuel issue 6711

blueowlsteve

Level 2
First name
Blueowlsteve
Hi. Can anyone help ? Let me breifly go through the process .. I have a 6711 with issues. It has stood for many months . I came to start it and it turned over but fsailed to fire up ( bad battery) So.. new battery and 4 weeks later , it just 'clunked' and would not turm over. We bled the whole system and took more crap out then imaginable. Eventually we freed it all up and it turns over. Here is where we are at. It will run with easy start but then stops. We have fuel to two cylinders.( from front to back) 1 and 2 have fuel. 3 and 4 no fuel. When we use manual pump we have fuel but when turning over on battery.. no fuel
One thing I have noticed. There is a 'decompression ' cold start button that I depress when starting from cold ( at the side of fuel pump) This looks to be seazed in. it is not popping out. How is this removed / freed up. Sorry for not being 'techy here... mainly because I am not. Thanks for any help

The cold start button is used once only to start first thing after that you shouldn't need to use it once the engine has warmed up. You have to open the hand throttle to the last to push it in and it will pop out itself once the engine has started.

If the button is defiantly stuck in, you may need a pliers and a can of WD-40 and spay and try wiggling it loose.

Thanks. I wondered.. would this button being jammed in, be a cause of the non start isssue?

You might need you get the nozzles of the injectors cleaned, could be blocked. Or might be the injector pump is seize. Try get out the cold start button first and see if that makes any difference

If you can get diesel out of all the injectors when you manually pump and not when the tractor turns over itself, would lead you to the injector pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back