• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

fuel starvation

fjarlie

Level 1
First name
roy
I just bought a used 4320 on Friday. Saturday morning it wouldn't start. It appears there is a fuel starvation problem. Fuel is however coming out the return line on #1 cylinder on the injector. While it is below freezing, i don't think there is ice in the lines. As well, a new primer pump was installed just before I got it. it also has a new battery--yesterday.

Hi

What happens when you pump the hand primer ? Does it feel as if it is doing anything ? If not check the pipe from the tank fitting where it goes onto the glass bowl body. They block easily. Try pumping the hand primer a few times before you try to start it, you could have fuel "run back".

Mike

I used to get this on an old zetor and it was slight waxing in the glass filter. It happened over night and I found that a tin can of warm water(or pee if your out and about!) held over the glass would warm it enough to get going, then warmer fuel from the tank would be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back