• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

hand primer no fuel in bowl

rob6245

Level 2
First name
rob6245
Using tractor to cut field with hay conditioner lost power, waited a few minutes tractor in idle and kept on cutting. It did it a few times and I was able to finish. Now, when I use the hand primer fuel doesn't fill the sediment bowl. Disconnect the line from fuel tank blew in it and could hear air go into fuel tank. Also, the fuel line from the primer pump to fuel filter number 1 had a slight leak so I taped it. should I replace it?
I have been reading forum about installing electric fuel pump.
If anybody have intalled one would like detailed informantion and pictures if possible.
Ps. should I check anything else?

Thanks for your help .
Rob

yes, the first banjo in the line coming from the tank often catches stuff: Zetorworld top 5:
- a fly
- grass
- a pea
- a flake of a rain coat
- a chip of rust from the farms stock tank

checked cleaned it..blew into it..could hear air in fuel tank.
used hand primer bowl filled up after about 6 times.

tractor will not start, but im getting fuel to bowl. check banjo to first of two fuel canisters.
added**(loosened banjo fuel line to fuel filter no. 1 pumped hand primer and fuel started coming out.)**
does it take a lot of primer pumping to fill fuel filter canisters? pumped of 150 times. I know fuel is hard to move. tractor will not start.

what do you think.

thanks for your help .

i think your lift pump is stuck. unscrew the big, slotted screw in the lift pump (with a pipe wrench and a strip of 2mm sheetmetal if you dont have a screwdriver that big) and see if the pump plunger moves freely. Sometimes the piston seizes at the end of the stroke.

not exactly sure where you talking about, is it directly behind selfprimer?
never mind I found it. underneath pump.
ok going to loosing it. right

thanks, rob

A few years back when my lift pump seized on the 3320 I took it apart, put the piston in a drill, applied some valve grinding compound and honed the cylinder with the piston. Worked great.

Still works great.

Tony

tony thanks,

Is this the problem the lift pump is stuck..

I can i check if the injector pump is getting fuel where is the breather bolt.

thanks,
rob

found breather bolt on injection pump.
loosened, hand primer till fuel came out, tightened and tightened hand primer.

tractor started, yahoo.
Ran tractor on idle for a few then drove up the road good power, turned around started back and almost died out, it eventually died out.
primered for a few minutes finally started. back home letting it idle so far so good.

Any idea what could be the problem. thanks, rob.

Does the breather bolt dribble when the engine is running (and you're not pumping by hand) ??

The hand primer pump is mounted to the lift pump. look for a 1" plug with 2mm wide screwdriver slot.

did not check breather when engine running. but when i loosened and hand pumped the fuel streamed out.
thanks for your reply.

Renz,

I started tractor, while tractor running I opened breather bolt and fuel streamed out.
thanks, Rob..

Mike,

no, have ordered just waiting for them to come in.
what do you think, that could be problem?
thanks,
rob

Yes I agree, even if we think the worst. Even though everything was working fine and all of a sudden its not working.
we must look at the most obvious first.

Thanks to all who chimed in, I appreciate all the replies. I will give all of you and update soon.

Thanks,
Rob

replace fuel filters.
It took a long time to start, using primer pump and loosing breather bolts.

drove for a few minutes then died. had to use primer pump and loosen breather bolt on injector pump and finally started. was able to drive home.

Im thinking the lift pump is not working.

o--I removed lift pump, noticed fuel and oil draining when i removed lift pump out is that common??

oo--Examined lift pump for wear, nicks, etc.
Re-intalled lift pump.

ooo--I was wondering if oil is from injection system(lubricating oil) and do I need to add lubricating oil before I attempt to start tractor.

thanks
rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back