• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Is 7745 right for me?

A

Andy Jordan

Greetings all!!

I'm looking for some advice as a complete newbie. There is an auction coming up in a few weeks with a 7745 in it (Ontario, Canada). I am looking for a first tractor that can help me manage my woodlot (haul trees, pull stumps, etc) as well as being used in the winter to pull a drag for putting in trails (I run sled dogs). This tractor is way more than I need for the trees, but I need something that can handle the drag / snow combination. It'll also end up being used to help manage the property - snow blower, loader, etc as I can find the attachments.

Is this a good choice for me, am I going to be OK with the tires (16.9.30) hauling through the snow, what else do I need to know about this tractor?

Thanks for the help.

I have 7745T 91 model with engine 7341T 99model gives like 85hp.Im useing this machine for almost every thing:eek:n the road,off road,on the mountain,haymaking and of course like "winter tractor".My tractor coms originale with fr.t. 12,4/11-24" r.t.16,9-34",so 1 meter snow it is not a problem.There is some thing about the front axle you must check( is it NO SPIN) or not .I dont know how havy the winter in Canada is, but I thing that you are in beter position with NO SPIN fr.axle,it works beter for me here in NW ICELAND.Good luck!

No-Spin differential lock works fine all temperature range! It is heavenly when lots of snow and you must keep going! Shame new models dont have it anymore :(

7745 is a good and reliable choice.

When you are buying one, check front&rear axle reducers oil. It is typical fault of these machines that they start bleeding and people don't fill them with right oil.

Check also water pump. Easy and cheap to repair but it is always +100$ if you have to fix it.

Thanks everyone for the help . I have found a little more out about it. It has a new engine / clutch combination - around 200 hours on both, tractor has around 3,300 hours on it. It does have the no spin front end.

I'm trying to arrange a test drive ahead of the sale, but the auctioneer is a bit wary, and I'm trying to find out what prompted the clutch / engine replacement - I'm assuming they were just worn out, but want to be sure.

I'm reassured by the comments on use in the snow - we have a lot of wet heavy snow early in the season due to 'lake effect' so it's important to have something that can get through it.

Auction is on the 25th so just hoping that I can get it for a good price - have to make sure there's enough money left for the toys - it comes with an Allied 594 loader but I've already told my wife that I absolutely must get a skidding winch, snow blower, snow plow, front weights and of course the drag :D

Andy,

Delicate negotiations sound like they are in progress in your house! Good luck!!

3,300 is very little hours on a tractor. I'd be suspicious if it does indeed have an new engine/clutch.They definitely were not worn out in normal use.

Good luck in the auction!

[glow=green,3]TomZ[/]

Some 7701 Zetor engines made 90 and 91 seemes to have some mounting errors.... :(

The engine type is ok. I think there is been something like that. There should not be any problems with newer engine. New clutch is propably because new engines were sold with complete clutch.

Dont worry about snow... I use Zetor 6245 (same wheel size)for forestry and snow hasnt been problem (60 to 80 cm snow isnt problem). And if the tractor has No-Spin it will be lots of better than other brand tractors. (Slim frame, portal type rear axle + front axle is lowest part of this tractor and it works like a snow plough) Here in Finland 7745 has sold with bigger wheels and it is like a devil in snow!

And use much extra weight on front.

Ask from Tom, he propably can send you a photo about Zetor in snow ;)

Andy

Contact Beards in Orillia,On. They would be your closest dealer. Parts, manuals etc. Or you can order from Sams Tractor in the USA." Agdealer.com" may give you and idea of the going price for this machine. I can tell you that since Zetor has come back to North America the prices of used ones have gone up. I own an 8145 and I can tell you that they start well in cold weather. If this tractor has been maintained it should last you a long time with what you want to do with it. The International 574 has a loader also ( auctionsfind.com). I do find it odd that the Zetor has had that kind of work done to it when the owner has two loader tractors. Check it out buyer beware.

Good Luck
Rick
Caistor Centre ON. Canada

Quick question,

How do you know if you have the "no spin front axle"?.

I have had 7745 for 3 years now and have found it to be really really excellent all round.
I have two gripes really. One being fairly poor brakes. It is such a shame this model dose not have wet brakes.
My other complaint is regarding the power steering. It seems to have a "dead spot". By that I mean that at low speeds (yard work, pulling away from stopped position, reversing to attach a rear mounted machine etc,). For some reason the power steering just dies when trying to turn the wheels to the right. I have to rev the engine and move backwards of forwards a meter or so to get it to come alive again.
Have tried all the obvious solutions, changed filter, changed the fluid etc etc. Still cannot get to the bottom of the problem.

The really strange thing is that this problem only happens when trying to turn right. It never happens trying to go left which prompts me to think that it cannot be a hydraulic or oil presure problem in the system. Or maybe there is some sort of valve in the line which directs the oil pressure in a given direction which is faulty.
Any thoughts!

Paddy

Didn't realise Beards could handle parts - definitely good news . Agdealer has two, maybe three 7745s (2 at the same dealer, not sure if it is a price reduction or separate unit) - two listed at CAD20K, one at 18K - the 18K and the 20K listed with a loader.

Obviously not looking to pay that at auction prices, but we shall see - it is going to depend how many people are interested.

There are quite a few auctions coming up with different units - I check theauctionadvertiser.com as well as auctionsfind.com.

Hi Paddy,
1.Which year is made your tractor?
2.When the problem apears :2WD or 4WD?
3.About the breaks:that is the weakness of 7745

Yordan,

Tractor is first registered 1993. It has less than 4000 hours and is in top class condition all over. Seems to have been very well maintained by the previous owner.
Also it is four wheel drive (7745). Equivalent version in two wheel drive is (7711).

Thanks

The all Z models which ending on ...45 are 4WD.I did ask you when the steering problem apears; when the tractor is on 2WD or 4WD?
If is when 4WD then
You have the "no spin" fr.axle,You just have to check is it a "zetor " fr.axle or "Carraro"-Italy.
If the problem apears on 4WD then is verry posible that is the "no-spin" system and you have to go verry careful and check the fr.axle.I had this problem and it whas exact the "no-spin".
Forgive my bad english,but I hope understant whot Im talking about!

Yordan,

Sorry, I misunderstood you the fist time. Yes the power steering problem happens in both 2 wheel drive mode and 4 wheel drive mode. I mean I cannot steer the tractor to the left because the wheels will not turn. After I rev up the engine and drive forward a few meters the power steering comes alive again and I can easily turn the front wheels to the left.
It is a complete mystery to me why this happens.

Regards

Have you check the oil level,the oil tank is on the front of the tractor before the radiator,there is litlle screw on left on top,you just open and see if needs

Yordan,

Yes I have checked the oil level and changed the oil filter etc.
As I said it happens ONLY when turning left which is what really confuses me.
Thanks

Hi Paddy,on Z 7745 is "DANFOS" power steering system.The steering pump which control the "left" or "right" is under the steering wheel in the dash bord.Is most posible that the oil presure valv for the "left" is the problem.
Q.Is it hard to turn the steering weel,or you are turning the weel,but nothing hapen?

Hmm i thought Danfoss power steering was optional on the 2 series...

Anyways if it is the Danfoss system, you might want to have the orbitrol under the steering wheel tested...

Is your 7745 fitted with the hydrostatic power steering or the power assisted with the hydraulic cylinder running up the left hand side of the engine? as the 7745's were fitted with either system

-- ]

Hi Alan,on the tractors produse before 90s the h.cylinder is on the left side and some of those tractors was whith ZF steering system. This tractor is 93model so the h.cyl. must be by the right front wheel whith DANFOS system,at least mine is like this.

Yes Renze, ORBITROL.
Please forgive my english!

Paddy,You say :
1."The really strange thing is that this problem only happens when trying to turn right."

2."ONLY when turning left which is what really confuses me".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back