• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Is 7745 right for me?

I would check the seals inside the steering ram as the hydraulic oil pressure may be passing the piston in the one direction but not the other explaining the difference in left & right steering power?
To check Danfoss steering unit swap the left & right pipes around if fault changes sides unit faulty

Hi,

To clarify on my 7745 power steering.
Yes the large hydraulic cylinder for the power steering runs along the left hand side of the tractor as you look forwards from the drivers seat. There is also a small cylinder mounted on the front axel on the right hand side of the tractor as you look forward from the drivers seat. This I presume is a shock absorber of damper of some kind.
The power steering pump is mounted on the left side also as you look forward from the seat.
For example yesterday I parked the tractor on a clean slab of concrete (silage pit floor) with a bale of silage held on the bale handler on the rear 3 point linkage in the up position to take some weight off the front wheels.
Now with the tractor stationary I can easily turn the front wheels to the right from the straight ahead position AND back again to the straight position.
Now when I reach straight ahead and try to turn to the left I get almost total resistance from the power steering system. By keeping the steering wheel turning left for say 20 to 30 seconds I get the tractor front wheels to barely move 10 degrees in that direction.
Next I put in gear move forward half a meter whilst keeping the steering turning left. Hey presto the thing springs back to life and I get a full lock on the steering in 1 second.
Question : with the steering system I have as I described above do I still have the so called orbitrol mounted under the steering wheel as described in earlier posts?

Thanks for the advice to date.

Hi,

To clarify on my 7745 power steering.
Yes the large hydraulic cylinder for the power steering runs along the left hand side of the tractor as you look forwards from the drivers seat. There is also a small cylinder mounted on the front axel on the right hand side of the tractor as you look forward from the drivers seat. This I presume is a shock absorber of damper of some kind.
The power steering pump is mounted on the left side also as you look forward from the seat.
For example yesterday I parked the tractor on a clean slab of concrete (silage pit floor) with a bale of silage held on the bale handler on the rear 3 point linkage in the up position to take some weight off the front wheels.
Now with the tractor stationary I can easily turn the front wheels to the right from the straight ahead position AND back again to the straight position.
Now when I reach straight ahead and try to turn to the left I get almost total resistance from the power steering system. By keeping the steering wheel turning left for say 20 to 30 seconds I get the tractor front wheels to barely move 10 degrees in that direction.
Next I put in gear move forward half a meter whilst keeping the steering turning left. Hey presto the thing springs back to life and I get a full lock on the steering in 1 second.
Question : with the steering system I have as I described above do I still have the so called orbitrol mounted under the steering wheel as described in earlier posts?

Thanks for the advice to date.

Hi Paddy,now Im confuse???,that a 93 model tractor is whith the old steering system so Alzet was right to ask about:sneaky:
I thought I knew "ZETOR " products well:-x
Any way,there is a problem and "Well" try to fixed.
In mine opinion You have to check the orbitrol.Here was tractor like this ones ,the man was turning the st. wheel like crazy,but tractor was still going straight.

]

Hi Paddy,now Im confuse???,that a 93 model tractor is whith the old steering system so Alzet was right to ask about:sneaky:
I thought I knew "ZETOR " products well:-x
Any way,there is a problem and "Well" try to fixed.
In mine opinion You have to check the orbitrol.Here was tractor like this ones ,the man was turning the st. wheel like crazy,but tractor was still going straight.
Alzet is right too( see Alzet post above) and you do what he says.

]
Hello everybody!
I apologize for the many send messages,but there was something stack on the "enter" buton and the computer
was sending it self!
SORRY:mad:

Guys,

Thanks for advice. It is definitely a first registration in 1993. Maybe it was manufactured in 1990 or before and did not get sold until 1993. Or maybe was used on a farm without being registered until 1993. Seems unlikely but it's the only explanation I can think of.
Anyway I will have the orbitrol and main cylinder checked out for problems. and I will report back to let you guys know how it works out.

Thanks for the help .

You have the power assited steering system which does not have a orbital unit. I would suggest you disconnect the steering damper that is on the right hand side as it may have developed a fault allowing it to move in one direction only.

Just an update for you guys on the result of the auction on Friday. Bottom line is it sold for a fairly decent price - C$9,500, but I didn't buy it. There were only 2 bidders and when I dropped out the bidding just stopped.

When I finally got a chance to inspect the tractor a little more it wasn't quite as advertised. It had 5,200 hours, not 3,200 hours - which explains the clutch / engine replacement a little more (though not fully). It wasn't in very good condition - looked like the guy just hadn't been very careful - every outside light was busted except the headlights (protected by the loader) and the bodywork had numerous scrapes and dents. Inside the cab it looked more like a tractor with 10,000+ hours - very rough and obviously no pride of ownership. Mechanically seemed OK - with a 200 hour engine it should be and hydraulics seemed strong. PTO and 3ph were very dirty but seemed fine mechanically - not sure that they had been used much - the hydraulic remote still had the caps on which with this guy probably meant they never came off.

So, I was concerned about what was waiting to go wrong based on history and appearance and there are still plenty of auctions coming up - it's the start of the season here.

As a slightly off topic side note - prices were generally very low - Cockshutt 35 with what looked like a 10 year old restoration sold for C$2200.

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back