• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Max size slasher/bush hog for 6045

schuette

Level 2
First name
Zetor Oz
I have a 6045 and want to slash some of my paddocks.
What size slasher can a 6045 handle without a struggle and still do the job comfortably?

Thanks

What exactly is a bush hog? is it some sort of mower or topper for clearing off waste grass after cattle have being grazing?

What exactly is a bush hog? is it some sort of mower or topper for clearing off waste grass after cattle have being grazing?

haha my father had a yoke went onto the tractor did a bad job of cutting hedges and he called that a slasher

the americans call pigs hogs so it's some sort of a yoke to cut bushes that does a pig of a job............ maybe???? like my dads slasher

haha my father had a yoke went onto the tractor did a bad job of cutting hedges and he called that a slasher

the americans call pigs hogs so it's some sort of a yoke to cut bushes that does a pig of a job............ maybe???? like my dads slasher
[/ -- End of Quote -- ]

I like your logic but I don't think that's what a brush pig is, he said he wanted to slasher his paddock, Australia's called 60acres fields paddocks.

What your father had was a fisher Humphrey hedgecuttter with a slasher head, I saw them before, it was just the speed of the rotor turning around chopped your ditch with bits of bars on it. You be a long time slashing a paddock with that.

https://www.google.ie/search?biw=541&bih=551&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=-JjHWpDJNMaOgAalsInYCw&q=fisher+humphries+fixed+head+hedge+cutter&oq=fisher+humphries+fixed+head+hedge+cutter&gs_l=mobile-gws-img.12...104964.116403..117392...1....202.1932.3j11j1..........1..mobile-gws-wiz-img.......35i39j30i10.JTSDIpmkGFc%3D#imgrc=514nlJC-lePElM:.

This is something like your slasher

ha fisher humphrey is that what is was called i only ever knew it as the slasher i never worked it .
it only went up and down was no in and out i'm sure it's made into a manhole cover now

there was an australian farmer talking on the radio one morning he said he let his 300 cow herd out into a back paddock what size was that field ?

ha fisher humphrey is that what is was called i only ever knew it as the slasher i never worked it .
it only went up and down was no in and out i'm sure it's made into a manhole cover now

there was an australian farmer talking on the radio one morning he said he let his 300 cow herd out into a back paddock what size was that field ?

Fisher Humphrey hedgecuttter looks old fashioned now but at it's time it probably was like sliced bread.

I have a paddock at the back of my house, I put maybe 1/2cows after calving into it for a day or so, 300 cows would not even fit in it. Your Australian paddock could be 40 acres

if i lived in australia so i would have 3 and a bit paddocks

did you find out what the bush pig is?

did you find out what the bush pig is?

No but I wouldn't say they call them bush pigs. I see this post was put up from an owner from Oz, so they call scrub the bush, so he probably meant a kind of a mulcher machine for clearing scrub.

HI, used a bush hog for a number of years on a 5748 zetor cutting aprox 120 acres of rough pasture, each year, ranging from 5 ft bracken to old gorse, extremely strong topper, chopped its way through gorse and bracken with out any problems

Just checked on internet and bus hogs are still made, so go on their web site, all details are still listed.
Regards, Matt

oh oh so now we got any answer DIY you were closer to the correct answer so the bush hog does mean the bush like they call it in Australia but what's the hog come from ? still don't understand why's the machine called a pig?

I think Brandy we rattled a few feathers. Bit hard for two jokers from Ireland figure out names of things from down under. I heard an American talking about making roll bales of hay? Figure that?

Guess what Brandy, Bush hog is a name of a company, they make lots of stuff I looked it up. mostly American pictures, but still your logic reason for the name is the best.

Guess what Brandy, Bush hog is a name of a company, they make lots of stuff I looked it up. mostly American pictures, but still your logic reason for the name is the best.

i see they make loaders and toppers, your roll bales are round bales

but going back to bush hogs make the machine called a slasher but we call it topping

still i like our ddescaription the best get out your bush pig

Yes we will stick with that here so our bush pig machine for slashing paddocks

i think we must have lived too shelter a life have you read any of the other posts on this page it's full of questions about bush hogs
what have we been missing out on all our lives and they are all trying to run them on handy tractors we may send them out a few abbeys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back