• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Oil level?

sih

Level 2
First name
SiH
Could anyone tell me how to check the hydraulic fluid level for the rear lift arms/hydraulics on my 5711 please? After unscrewing the lid/magnet/filter cap at the back of the seat,there was no fluid there-or is it pumped there when running? Could low fluid level be the reason for the lift arms dropping?
Thanks

the gear oil is used for hydrolik fluid and there is a dipstik innfront of the hi-low lever on top of gearbox.Fillerplug is infront of the dipstik.The filter on top of the rear filters the retunrn oil from hydrolik befor it runs into gearbox .The dropping arms is probably cost by worn seal on hydrolik piston.But old wornout oil leaks by qiker then new,a oil cnange made my hydrolik stronger,qiker and it drops less pluss the nois from the gearbox is lower.

Thats great,thanks for that.I had seen the dipstick below the steering wheel and it read ok- didnt know it was all linked.
Oil change is a good idea too.Thanks again.

I just checked mine and it is low.
Is there a standard oil I can use that I could probably find at my local farm and fleet store here in the USA? My book says to use PP-80 but my local store didnt have any.

Thanks!
Cuz

Is Mineral Spirits equivallent to the factory gear oil? SAE 80-90 is very heavy oil and up here in the north where we get as low as -35F, it is little heavier than I would like to use.

I live in Canada and I have not had any problems with the 80-90 gear oil.

you can mix engine oil with gear oil, any oil.

The only two oils that are agressive (to other oils, paint, rubber etcetera) are ATF (the red oil also used in the powersteering) and brake oil.

80 - 90 in your hydraulics:eek: That sounds bad! I use engine oil 15w-30 in the hydraulics/gearbox;) works very good. Looks like the oil is too thick or you have cooked the hydraulic pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back