• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 3545 pto quiery

apater

Level 2
First name
Apater
Hi just bought an old 3545 which works well.
allthough I can't seem to be able to use the 3pl without the PTO on.
I know I can put the Hi/Lo in neutral and use the gear driven hydraulic lever, but it also needs to be in gear and out of 4wd.
That all seems pretty complicated to just lift the hoe up. So I'm just wondering if this model has a pto disengage lever somewhere that i'm missing. really would appreciate some help or information.
Cheeers Adam

No, indeed this generation needs to be in pto in order to drive the oil pump. Or driven by the gearbox with the range lever in neutral, though driving on the road in 5th gear will damage the pump eventually

That really does seem a difficult way of going about it especially when you have a rotary hoe attached, but now I know, I can at least stop looking for something that is not there. When I first got the tractor the 3pl would stay up and slowly go down overnight now it won't stay up after i pulled the secondary remote bolts off to have a look and clean. which is what eventually let the 3pl to come down when I pushed the control lever down. Thats why I needed to find a pto disengauge lever. If I use the gear driven hydaulics, reversing back up the row the 3pl drops down because it dosen't pump in reverse and i can't use the hydaulics & pto lever because the hoe will be rotating with the 3pl up high which is dangerous but also too much of an angle for the pto shaft. At least I know that I have to find out why the 3pl is dropping and I can get on with my rotary hoeing.
Thanks for replying it is really appreciated.

Piston seals are leaking. You need to take the heavy cover off to access the cylinder.

I'd agree with you, except when running on pto & hydraulics lever it lifts quickly and effortlessley even with the heavy rotary hoe on. Also no matter where the control lever is, it goes up if you have the reaction speed lever (under the seat) on full. So I'm not sure if the controls are playing funny buggers rather than the piston seals.
I must also mention when I bought the tractor it must have been left in rain for a while because the transmission had water in it (needed a rubber boot on gear lever) , I have drained it and flushed Half oil/Diesel mixture twice, then run a normal motor oil in for a few hours. Now it has the proper 90W oil in but haven't run it other than start it and I had been hoping the thicker oil may solve the 3pl dropping. Otherwise is there any adjusability to the secondary remotes within the levers or even is it possible the seondary remotes are allowing the pressure to relive from the 3pl via a stuck or not quite shut valve? I'm trying to explore all options before i remove the 3pl assembly.

Once again thanks for your help Cheers Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back