• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 7245 won't move forward

slowalker

Level 2
First name
slowalker
The tractor will NOT go forward when you let out the clutch it acts like it is in 5th gear high range with the brakes on and labors the engine down tell it quits or you push the clutch back in.I was doing some LIGHT disking only going down 4 or 5 inches deep just to open up the soil a little bit. Not working it very hard at all ,I had been going for a couple hours when I smelled something and saw some smoke coming up threw the floor next to the little plastic PTO shaft cover next to the 4 wheel drive shifter .So shut it down got out to see what was going on and saw lots of smoke coming out the hole on the left side of the tractor on the top of the rear differential about 6 inches in front of where the rod stick up to adjust the brakes.The only thing I can see that goes into the hole the smoke came out of was a small steel fluid line that threaded in right there.Left it it cool down for a couple hours and came back and started it up and went to go forward and it acted like it was in 5th gear high range with the brake on and lugged down the motor if you didn't press the clutch back in. So I made sure it was in low range first gear.Same thing lugged down the motor so I thought maybe the brake was stuck on So I tried reverse NO PROBLEM,tried high gear reverse NO PROBLEM.So I drove it back to the yard in reverse .I parked it on a small hill and let it roll forward and it did easily ,so the brakes are NOT stuck.I put it in both hi and then low range and tried all the forward gears and still acted like the brakes were on and it was in 5th gear range range type of thing and pulled the motor down.Can NOT find neutral on the main transmission.It goes into reverse and feels like it goes into all 5 forward gears but there is nowhere in there that it will go into neutral.So in all 5 forward gears positions it labors the motor down and will stall out if you don't press clutch in
Tried putting it in neutral on the high/low range shifter and it went into neutral their and so all that seems to be fine.
The engine is fine it would go up hills in reverse in both high and low range without pulling the motor down.
What is the steel fluid line that threads into that top opening on the differential that the smoke was coming out of and what is in that opening.
ANY SUGGESTIONS?????
THANKS

We used to have a 7245 too, and had the very same trouble the tractor got stuck in reverse or 5 gear and nothing else. We worked for a while using low box and reverse.

Your problem sounds like the selectors in the gearbox is worn and the gearstick maybe looking like it going into 1st but the gearbox is gone into a high gear.

The smoke you saw was most lightly coming off the clutch disc burning unless the bakes are badly adjusted when they get hot.

You didn't leave on the hand brake or the hand clutch?

I thought it might be the brakes smoking as well ,but then why did the transmission problem appear at the same time bothers me.
The high low gear box WORKS because when I go into reverse I tried High ,neutral and low and all 3 worked fine in reverse.
With my tractor gear box is in LOW it will easily start off in any gear that the transmission is in even 5th.So if I confirm that the gear box is in LOW by going in reverse then tractor should go forward no matter what gear the transmission is in?

BY the sounds it brakes sticking that range brakes nearly stick going forward but usualy not in reverse If I was you go around the back of the tractor you find a plastic cover one on the left and right ride just remove them and the brake slave cylinders are under them.
There be a threaded bar with 19mm nut there just slacken back that the brakes .I use to find the linkage would seize .

Got it fixed ,turns out it is fairly common in the Zetors.
Easy fix ,pull the tin cover that sits over the transmission .It is the cover that the shifting levers all come threw.
Once off you will see [5] --17mm nuts with bolts threaded into them in a row in front of the housing where the 2 levers that shift PTO and hi low range are located.Thread them out and look inside each hole that you removed them from and you should see a SLOT right in the center of the hole.
If slot is not in the center then just take a screw driver and center it.Check all 5 ,I found one that was off.Thread the nuts back in ,they have a spring loaded tit on them that lines up with the slot/grove.Some people have only had to do that and they are good to go.In my case that did not fix the problem
.So now that I had them all lined up I took the 4 bolts out of the main shifter housing and you will have to pry up on it because there are 2 lining studs on it, to get it off.Once off you will see 3 bars with slots/groves in them ,line the groves up and put the gear shift lever itself in the center of its housing so it lines up with the 3 slots/groves and set it back in and bolt it down. YOUR DONE.
All this is real SIMPLE and will make TOTAL sense when you see it.THANKS EVERYONE For Your HELP .
On the brakes I loosened the twoi 18 mm nuts off so the brake no longer drags.

The slots you see are the selectors for gears the sit in a line. Hopefully yours will stay sitting back in the position you have put them in, in our case the tractor did it again a few weeks later and we have to replace parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back